Dealer Michigan Jinma Dealer

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #11  
What you say is cool with me. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #12  
Hillbilly,

I'll admit the first time I saw an Agracat (Jinma) tractor in green/yellow paint I thought the same thing you did. It reminds me of Apple sueing MS over the trash can icon because it infringed on the "look and feel" associated with a Mac. Or Harley sueing one of the Japanese bike companies for trademark infringment because their engine sounded too much like a HD. Both companies won if I remember things correctly. Maybe Deere should sue to protect their image, after all most people think of John Deere and the quality associated with the name when they see a green and yellow tractor.

Anyway, here are a few links about Deere's venture with Tiantuo in China.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.agriculturelaw.com/headlines/aug00/aug22c.htm> link 1</A>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.business-journal.com/LateAug00/DeereChina.html> link 2</A>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jdtt.com/en%20product.htm>link 3 and product photos</A>

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #13  
Thanks Pit,
Your a good man!!

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #14  
Like I said before...........I learn something new everyday(especially on this forum.

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #15  
Remember, other tractor dealers use similar color schemes to american tractors... The grey market yanmars are that familiar green.. and the compact jd's use a yannie engine... Shibarau makes the engine for nh compacts.. and either them or kioti yse the blue nh color... iseki used the white - bolens color...

Soundguy

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #16  
Well, in this litigous world we live in, one must assume that either JD does not have a patent for any green/yellow tractor, or it is too small of operation to worth bothering with. While they might have problems going back against the China factories, they could certainly stomp on the little guys selling them under different names. It could be that back in those days patents on color schemes and such were not a concern or deemed valuable. I believe there were other brands that used green/yellow color scheme as well. I would have to go check my antique tractor book to varify.

It is interesting that my favorite colors for the Jinma are red/white and green/yellow. Is it that I find those the most pleasing or is it what I grew up with and remember seeing tractors as? (Farmalls & Deeres) Now, who would ever pick orange as a color for a tractor? When is the last time you lost one or you needed it for hunting? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I know, brand identification. But, then Kioti uses a close color to the Kubota. Something that is best left to lawyers, not the end users. I just hope that once the "good" colors are all taken, we are not left with pink and lavender, and such!

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #17  
<font color=purple>and the compact jd's use a yannie engine</font color=purple>

I know that and I think probably most everyone else knows that about yamnar(and J.Deere advertises such).My original point and observation was a Chinese tractor page was using John Deere Green and Yellow for a color on the tractor image.I realize there are other green tractors and I also learned JD has a joint venture in China(Thanks to Pitbull).
It is kinda of like these other colas imitating Coca Cola,with there advertising and packaging. The whole point is really mute....I am not knocking a Chinese tractor etc,as long as it gets the job done and the owner is happy with what he or she has is all that matters.

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #18  
My response wasn't limited to chinese tractors though... there are many other countries producing tractors of similar color ( size / shape )to the US 'big 3'...The fact that they then use these similar tractors in their advertising should not be so suprising.

Chris

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #19  
I'm going to cut my losses, say goodbye to this topic and pour myself an ice cold "Copa Cola". Hillbilly, care to join me?

/ Michigan Jinma Dealer #20  
Lets go,
I am buying...........Anyone else care to join?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif