Comparison Mahindra vs Kioti

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #51  
Just remember it's all a tangled web. TYM builds the mid size Mahindra tractors as well as tractors for several other brands. TYM also bought the parent company of Branson in 2016. I don't see a lot of complaints about the TYM built tractors in any of the brands that put their names on them. TYM has been building tractors for the worldwide markets for over 50 years so it's not like they're new to tractors either.

Yes, fair enough. It is hard to keep them all straight. I had a good friend who loved his Mahindra more than his wife and almost as much as his dog! :laughing:

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #52  
TYM is a pretty reputable company and like MTD they make about 75% of compact tractor housings and drivetrains, lol. Including John Deere and Kubota!!

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #53  
John Deere made by: Carraro Agritalia, Goldoni, Kukje, Wagner, Zetor!

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #54  
stevie
You post much speculation and conjecture. Kubota components are produced in-house. You have proof otherwise or was info in post 52 and 53 listed on the back of your comic book.

Your other post labeling YANMAR as "junk", is not likely to be supported with any consensus.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #55  
my Mahindra 4500 has been a great tractor used hard lots of hours and have only had a problem with ignition switch which was an east fix. When looking for a new tractor it was essientally Mahindra vs. Kubota in my area with have NH but ive only heard nightmares about them. I liked how much tractor I got for my money with Mahindra on my new 2555 compared to Kubota. my parents have Mahindra and so does my uncle and other friend all in the area and we are all pleased. I hear good things about Kioti but never seen or used one, the closest dealer is like 1.5 hours from me.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #56  
I started with Kubota back in 2000. As far as i know it is the only manufacturer that makes their own complete tractor. Though now I believe you could add the Yanmar brand, TYM, and Mahindras 00 series and maybe a couple of others in Mahindras line. You can go to tractor data website and it list where what was made. The mistake I made when I bought my L3010 was getting the Glide Shift Tranny. Just did not work out for me with all the hills I have. I then went to a Kioti LK3054. Had to rebuild the engine after I got it, long story, but it was really easy to work on and turned out to be a great tractor. Medium framed and weighed the same as the Kubota L series. Dummy me wound up selling it to buy a Bobcat 227 HST(a painted white Kioti 225 I believe). Worst tractor of the bunch due to the fact the pressure relief valve was set so low I could not pull a hair out of a biscuit. Blah, blah real estate story and I wound up tractorless. Recently bought a Mahindra 3325. So far very impressed but irrelevant to this thread. But my uncle bought a 4530 last year and it is a tank. No problems, heavy built and very impressive. And I may be wrong but I believe 100% Mahindra made.

As far as problems and opinions, typically the Kioti brand has had dealership issues but I think that may be past. They usually weigh more than the other big three but Mahindra typically weighs more than Kioti. Something to consider if yard work is to be done. Right now if I had to buy new it would come down to number one, dealer support, then features I need and price. If I lived near a RK the TYM would be on my radar as well. If it was a Mahindra or Kioti I don't think you would go wrong with either. Or Yanmar for that matter since they make a engines and some complete tractors for Deere.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #57  
Just my opinion as I am a bias Kubota guy.

Strictly from posts on this forum pertaining to Mahindra customer service, I would not consider Mahindra.

When shopping , I tried to give Kioti a shot but the dealer was a small lawnmower shop with 2 Kioti tractors out front and he was not very responsive to questions. Had there been a real tractor dealer to represent Kioti, the outcome may have been different.

So to answer OP question, my opinion from those choices is go with Kioti.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #58  
An issue w/ tractor operating opinions, is simple. They are often provided by folks who have never owned and operated the brand. Third party, 3x removed analysis that is speculative at best. Dealer size is less important than integrity, however longevity is relative.

Many kubota dealers have evolved into snobbish elites having outgrown the necessity to display basic courtesy and humility, my own supplier included.

I believe both Mahindra and kioti have loyal customers, very satisfied w/ their tractor choice. There are plenty of kubota complaints, concerns and issues described in these forums, presented by actual affected owners. Mine has been trouble free but that wouldn't prevent me from changing future brands. I like the current Zetor reviews but I wouldn't mimic and parrot operating issues not witnessed as a first party.

There is simply entirely too much "piling-on" and trumpeting negativity based upon shirt -tail conjecture in these forums.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #59  
An issue w/ tractor operating opinions, is simple. They are often provided by folks who have never owned and operated the brand. Third party, 3x removed analysis that is speculative at best. Dealer size is less important than integrity, however longevity is relative.

Many kubota dealers have evolved into snobbish elites having outgrown the necessity to display basic courtesy and humility, my own supplier included.

I believe both Mahindra and kioti have loyal customers, very satisfied w/ their tractor choice. There are plenty of kubota complaints, concerns and issues described in these forums, presented by actual affected owners. Mine has been trouble free but that wouldn't prevent me from changing future brands. I like the current Zetor reviews but I wouldn't mimic and parrot operating issues not witnessed as a first party.

There is simply entirely too much "piling-on" and trumpeting negativity based upon shirt -tail conjecture in these forums.

Well said ...... :)

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #60  
I started with Kubota back in 2000. As far as i know it is the only manufacturer that makes their own complete tractor. Though now I believe you could add the Yanmar brand, TYM, and Mahindras 00 series and maybe a couple of others in Mahindras line. You can go to tractor data website and it list where what was made. The mistake I made when I bought my L3010 was getting the Glide Shift Tranny. Just did not work out for me with all the hills I have. I then went to a Kioti LK3054. Had to rebuild the engine after I got it, long story, but it was really easy to work on and turned out to be a great tractor. Medium framed and weighed the same as the Kubota L series. Dummy me wound up selling it to buy a Bobcat 227 HST(a painted white Kioti 225 I believe). Worst tractor of the bunch due to the fact the pressure relief valve was set so low I could not pull a hair out of a biscuit. Blah, blah real estate story and I wound up tractorless. Recently bought a Mahindra 3325. So far very impressed but irrelevant to this thread. But my uncle bought a 4530 last year and it is a tank. No problems, heavy built and very impressive. And I may be wrong but I believe 100% Mahindra made.

As far as problems and opinions, typically the Kioti brand has had dealership issues but I think that may be past. They usually weigh more than the other big three but Mahindra typically weighs more than Kioti. Something to consider if yard work is to be done. Right now if I had to buy new it would come down to number one, dealer support, then features I need and price. If I lived near a RK the TYM would be on my radar as well. If it was a Mahindra or Kioti I don't think you would go wrong with either. Or Yanmar for that matter since they make a engines and some complete tractors for Deere.

Kioti is a lot like Kubota in that they make their own engines, transmissions, and the vast majority of the rest of the machines. Not sure if they make their own glass and light bulbs, but just about everything that I have seen on mine has their logo cast or molded in. I guess that they figure if anyone is going to make money on their components it might as well be them..