"Lt. Dan" from Canada

/ "Lt. Dan" from Canada #1  

Lt.Dan

Tractor
Yanmar YT347c
...Unlike my username, I thankfully still have my legs, but am confined to a power wheelchair. Yes, the injuries are military related, and yes, our VA sucks worse than the US version.

Now with that out of the way, I decided to join this forum as my wife is starting up a farm and she's strongly suggesting I can drive the tractor, and what full grown adult doesn't want to play with farming equipment? We just purchased a new Yanmar yt347c after almost 2 years of research and demos. Yanmar came out on top for many reasons, but mainly due to the apparent ease of making it accessible for me. We almost went with sub compact but they are just too small and cramped.

You may find me posting around here asking about adding additional hydraulics, for accessibility advice, and auto driving capabilities. Eventually I hope to post showcasing our tractor once I've converted it into an accessible monster.

Anyways.. I hope the photo I've added to this works!

Attachments

• forrest-gump-hello.gif
    forrest-gump-hello.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
   / "Lt. Dan" from Canada #2  
Congrats on the Yanmar. My neighbor bought a cabbed Yanmar last year, he loves it.
Would like to see how you fitted the hand controls.

/ "Lt. Dan" from Canada
Oh we haven't modded anything yet, we were in in conversation with Tractor Bob in the US but couldn't finalize anything with that business unfortunately - going to be doing it all ourselves!

I'm hoping to figure out a joystick solution for throttle, brake and steering like a skid steer.

/ "Lt. Dan" from Canada #4  
I see a few conversions on you tube. GL with the project.

/ "Lt. Dan" from Canada #5  
Lt. Dan
1st thanks for your service.
Is this hydrostatic drive? If yes Do you know what type of transmission control the tractor has today? If electric or hydraulic pilot then converting to joystick shouldn’t be too difficult.
Steering will probably require adding a proportional directional control and removing existing steering unit.

Wish you the best on getting this project completed.

/ "Lt. Dan" from Canada #6  
Officers always come into the room looking for attention.

🤣🤣

Welcome, brother.

/ "Lt. Dan" from Canada #7  
Welcome LT.Dan (y) Since Bobcat made some of their skid steers able to be controlled remotely (smart phone app) by using Maxcontrol, I wanted one!

Life is like a box of chocolates!

/ "Lt. Dan" from Canada #8  
Welcome LT.Dan (y) Since Bobcat made some of their skid steers able to be controlled remotely (smart phone app) by using Maxcontrol, I wanted one!

Life is like a box of chocolates!

That is really damn cool.

/ "Lt. Dan" from Canada #10  
thank you for you service Dan, welcome to TBN, I am sure you will find this site great for ideas, solution and much more, as you will finds out folks here are very helpful and many have great skills in different field.

Which end of the country are you at if you don’t mind me asking ? and what type of farm your wife is thinking getting into?