LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #231  
That's correct, a diesel can't run rich unless the air filter or intake is restricted, or a turbo failed on a turbocharged engine. Either way, it would cause lots of black smoke. The fuel injection system controls how much fuel it gets, and a common rail injection system with fuel delivery and pressure controlled electronically is more precise than the old mechanical injection systems which could deliver too much fuel. The quality of the fuel is very critical as others have said, and the only fuel additive we use is winter anti-gel in no more than the recommended quantities because it's an absolute necessity here, or it will gel up even with blended fuel in winter temps where I live. Fuel with even a couple % biodiesel blended in is guaranteed to cause problems and most engine manufacturers forbid it. Red dye in off road diesel has been a controversy for a long time that has never really been solved, so it's anyone's guess. No engine manufacturers have any restrictions on it. And it's important to use engine oil that meets CJ4 or CK4 specification to prevent contamination and prolong the life of the DPF. The regen is controlled by both time and soot load in the DPF. If it doesn't need to do a regen based on soot load measured by sensors on the DPF, it will do one at 50 hours automatically. Doesn't hurt to do a manual parked regen once in awhile either.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #232  
I know it would void the warranty and all but once it is done can you delete all that monkey piss (DPF) they do it on trucks.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #233  
Not so easy to delete with an ECM. The tractor will know it's not there and go into limp mode typically

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #234  
There is no "rich" in a diesel as it is in gas engines. The only thing that could interfere with the air/fuel mixture is restricted air flow.

Many times the quality of fuel was mentioned. Even when dyed fuel might be labeled as "DPF compliant". It's one more thing the system has to deal with.

Last but not least, so called diesel additives.
My personal opinion, don't put that s... in the tank.
Check the sticker at your filler neck. It sure says Diesel. I'd keep it with that. As pure as possible.
I get it, but you know what i mean: Incorrect timing, incorrect fuel pressure, out of spec injectors, etc. I know OP had all these checked, but if the factory gets it wrong in the first place, and the dealer follows the factory..? Just saying, and we all know it, 2-10hrs between regens is really bad. Like if he pulled his DPF, would he be 'rolling coal' and killing mosquitos?

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #235  
Easy as pie to delete a ecm tractor with DPF as long as it has a mechanical injection pump.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #237  
Common rail fuel system controlled by ECM can only have emissions deleted if someone makes a delete kit for that engine that will fool the ECM into thinking that everything is good by sending false signals to the ECM, instead of the real signals from the sensors. (emulator) Otherwise, the ECM won't let the engine run. ECM's are required by law to have anti-tamper features in the engine control software programmed into them, otherwise it would be too easy to bypass. Companies make delete kits for trucks and some large farm tractors, but I doubt anyone makes a kit for LS tractor engines. Don't forget, our government mandated all this BS, so the manufacturers, dealers, and customers have no control over it. And the US, Canada, and European countries are the only ones using these emissions systems. The rest of the world doesn't, so it's pointless. They can pollute all they want. You could block off the EGR tube between the EGR cooler and EGR valve, and that will prevent exhaust from going into the intake manifold so the engine runs cleaner. The ECM won't know it and the DPF will get less soot so it might regen less often. Engines don't like to run on their own exhaust by having dirty exhaust pumped into the intake manifold, they like clean fresh air just like us.

Last edited:
   / LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #238  
.. And the US, Canada, and European countries are the only ones using these emissions systems. The rest of the world doesn't, so it's pointless. They can pollute all they want.
Pointless!?!? Whaaat? You can't say that, how else is the government going to impose all these high cost, low reliability emission items and make the average US citizen "think" they are saving the planet by spending more money?

You could block off the EGR tube between the EGR cooler and EGR valve, and that will prevent exhaust from going into the intake manifold so the engine runs cleaner. The ECM won't know it and the DPF will get less soot so it might regen less often. Engines don't like to run on their own exhaust by having dirty exhaust pumped into the intake manifold, they like clean fresh air just like us.
How dare you apply common sense logic regarding emissions and question EPA mandates! Fall in line!

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #239  
The EGR... Like eating dinner in a bar that allows smoking, when you aren't a smoker.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #240  
Just picked up a new MT240HE. So far it has done a regen at 5.x hours and 7.x hours. Contacted dealer and they said keep track of it and let them know.