Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons?

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Need tires for my '01 Ram2500CTD 4x4. Looking at Duratrac's again. I had them before, but this last set of tires got a set of cheap Falkens cause of budget.

Anyone have comparable tire to look at? Pro's/Con's?

Stock is 265/75-16, optional was 245/75-16. One size up will fit fine.

I had a set of Big-O bigfoot XT's on an old truck and really liked them, but they have changed that tire since then.

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #2  
i heard great things, so i looked at them didn't like the price. went with toyo AT2s, so far so good (30K miles, alot of it towing, still over 1/2 tread). the new truck may wind up with some duratracs when it's time for tires on it. i want a more aggressive tire for this truck

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #3  
Pretty expensive. They are 20-40% higher than the others I looked at.

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #4  
I ran 4 sets of dura tracs on my 2500 hemi in a 10ply. I love these tires. Going to get another set of them when the time comes, I have been tempted to stud them when new just to try it!!

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #5  
I ran a set of Duratracs on a lifted Jeep Commander. I think they were 265 17's but I don't recall the other number or the ply rating but were 32 inches tall. They were great in snow and pretty good in mud too but not really mudders. They were siped too so good in rain.

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #6  
We have them on the rear of a dually, very quiet.
They perform well.

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #7  
I'm on my 5 set. Great tire. Almost a MT while still being a AT.

Chris

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #8  
I ran these on my 2500 dmax in the same size E range. I wasn't impressed by their snow traction. Pretty good otherwise, wasn't as stiff in the sidewalls as I prefer.

Matt

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #9  
'04 F-250 285/75R16 10 ply. Hands down the best tires I've ever had. Great in the snow, good in the rain, & quiet too. With 75k on them and at least 10k to go I think the price is relative to tire life. will certainly buy again

/ Looking at Goodyear Duratrac 285/75-16 - pros/cons? #10  
A lot of guys like the Duratracs on Jeeps. On my '04 and '14 CTDs, I've run a number of sets of Toyo Open Country AT and the newer AT2. They are an excellent tire that stays balanced and wears a long time.

You might also look at the Cooper ST Maxx. I have a set on my Jeep and it might be my next tire on my '14 CTD. Excellent traction, no vibration and quiet running for it's tread design. Discount tire on-line was remarkably cheap and the stores will match the price.

Whatever you get be sure it's E rated. And, of course, none of them are actually 10 ply.