Light bar

/ Light bar #11  
12 ga wire too big! A 16 ga wire will handle
13 amps at 15 feet. LED's draw less amps
that regular lights

willy

/ Light bar #12  
Whatever you do, just don't put one in the grill of your truck or car and blind oncoming motorists like a lot of idiots do today. They are labelled for off road use only' but idiots today cannot read and cannot aim them right either.

Glad I'm not a cop. I'd be writing citations for illegal equipment constantly.

/ Light bar #13  
12 ga wire too big! A 16 ga wire will handle
13 amps at 15 feet. LED's draw less amps
that regular lights

willy
Probably so. The amp draw was based on the wattage of the system the OP listed. I thought it was a little large also.

/ Light bar #14  
Anyone ever use an aircraft landing light
for off road use? You only need one they
are so bright but they suck a lota juice

willy

/ Light bar #15  
The most powerful 72 watt model in your link is rated at 2880 lumens which is plenty for a tractor or ATV. I'm not sure it's enough for an aircraft unless several are used.

If I need a powerful light, I use this Olight Marauder X7:

It's portable with it's own internal rechargeable battery and puts out 12000 lumens on the highest setting. It can also be powered via a USB port. When needed, I mount it on various vehicles like a tractor, ATV and even my e-bike for off road use only. It's hand held and works great for hikes. It really lights up the night.

/ Light bar #17  
5030 Really?????????

LED"S are way brighter with a whiter light as
halogen's are more yellow

To see the runway, the landing lights on most private craft produce about 2000 lumens in a focused beam that can light up the runway 1/4 to 1/2 miles from the pilot.

willy

/ Light bar #18  
The most powerful 72 watt model in your link is rated at 2880 lumens which is plenty for a tractor or ATV. I'm not sure it's enough for an aircraft unless several are used.

If I need a powerful light, I use this Olight Marauder X7:

It's portable with it's own internal rechargeable battery and puts out 12000 lumens on the highest setting. It can also be powered via a USB port. When needed, I mount it on various vehicles like a tractor, ATV and even my e-bike for off road use only. It's hand held and works great for hikes. It really lights up the night.
Have a similar light Fenix LR40R

/ Light bar #19  
5030 Really?????????

LED"S are way brighter with a whiter light as
halogen's are more yellow

To see the runway, the landing lights on most private craft produce about 2000 lumens in a focused beam that can light up the runway 1/4 to 1/2 miles from the pilot.

willy
Really. You can purchase LED's in any light spectrum you want.