Life just isn't fair

/ Life just isn't fair #1  

CVHoss

Gold Member
Tractor
J.D. 4400
Life just isn\'t fair

When I bought my tractor, snow removal wasn't high on my list of priorities because we just don't get that much of it around here. Have really been enjoying the looooong fall this year with temps staying in the upper 60's to low 70's. Now, they tell us we might actually get some winter weather. Already much colder and possibility of as much as 8" of snow over the next few days (depending on who you listen to). Yahoo, I might get to play in the snow with my tractor after all. So what do I do? Throw my back out. Usually happens every couple of years, but it had to pick now. Didn't do a darn thing. Got out of the shower, bent over to pull on pants, and I looked like some comedian in a sit-com. Back locked up solid. Waddled out of the bathroom amidst muffled laughter from my wife and collapsed on the couch. This happened on Sunday and with the muscle relaxers the Doc sent me, I'm just now gettin' to the point of being able to hobble around with a cane, but I darn sure don't see crawlin' up on the tractor in my immediate future. Life just isn't fair./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Hoss

jdrsc.gif

/ Life just isn't fair #2  
Re: Life just isn\'t fair

Coulda been worse.Coulda been a couch full of company when you made your entrance!Ha!Ha! Hang in there.

/ Life just isn't fair #4  

Hoss, being on the tractor is better for you than that darn couch! I can't stand anything 'mushy' since I messed up the ol back and neck. Like you every year or so, I go through the 'trial and agony' business. I'd rather sit on that tractor than on the couch! Now mind you, I ain't said nuttin about steering it, pushing in the clutch, reaching for the FEL controls, etc. That'll come when you figure out how to start it up! You have my condolences Hoss, I know where you are at and coming from. Get better soon.

/ Life just isn't fair #5  

I feel for you. I traded for a B7500 on wedsday and went in for 4 way heart bypass on tuesday. Have only been able to look at it so far. I start cardiac rehab tomorrow and hope that will get me going. Hang in there. JIM

/ Life just isn't fair #6  

Hoss
Hang in there. At least you have TBN to help you recover. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Life just isn't fair #7  

Ah yes - check out the threads on "Stupid Human Tricks", though yours sounds like it wasn't directly your fault. FWIW - I think very highly of chiropractors in such circumstances. I was reminded many times as they bent me back into shape that such injuries are usually a long time coming - body gets into a certain tension and all that. Whatever. It hurt and it took a while to clear up and this kind of injury always seems to happen at the most annoying times.
Be well.

Andy in NH

/ Life just isn't fair #8  

Gotta agree with Scruffy Hoss. The best thing you can do is get up and be moving. All the research has shown that the worst thing for low back pain is bedrest. You heal much quicker if you are up and moving around. Also use ice and not heat every 2-4 hours on your back. This will help to reduce the swelling and thus your pain. Heat will increase the swelling.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Life just isn't fair #9  

Hoss I feel for you. In 89 I messed up my back real good. I have dealt with good days, bad days,and even worst days. Last year my son was taking snowboard lessons and it looked pretty easy, Guess who was dumb enough to try it on my own? My back was gone, along with every other part of my body. I was in so much pain I tried something I have not tried in the past but was recommended to me many times. ACCUPUNCTURE- Its unbelievable. After the first visit I had no pain at all, but went for the remaining 3.The drawback to this is it is not covered under my insurance, but well worth the money( $120 first visit and $60 for the other visits. Now I go every 8 to 12 weeks to work on different areas of my body. The back has not had a problem since 1st visit. This is the first time I have not had back problems since 1989. I am not the type of person to push going to doctors, because I feel there are to many hypocondriacts around. I will never hesitate to see this accurpucturist when I feel pain again.

Doug T B1700 TLB

/ Life just isn't fair #10  

CVHoss - Sorry to hear about your sore back. I can relate to what you are going thru. I had back surgery 12 weeks ago, after spending 10 weeks flat on my back in bed (what a rotten way to spend a nice summer /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif). So you see, you are really quite lucky compared to what I had to go thru /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif, although I'm sure you don't feel very lucky. Just think, you can use your sore back to justify all kinds of attachments for your tractor - backhoe with a thumb, 4 way bucket, grapple rake, T-N-T on your 3PH, etc., etc... All kidding aside, I hope your recovery is swift. Take care.

Corm