3-Point Hitch L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower

/ L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #11  
I use a Maschio MSI 180SI 69" offset flail with my L6060HSTC and would NOT recommend anything bigger!

IMO, the 65" Titan would be a better choice.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #12  
357370646_10159426455180983_7976989161602841112_n.jpg

Here is my 65'' Betstco Ditch bank flail mower on my tiny TYM T474, tractor is 4600# with loader. Mower weights 865#

/ L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #13  
The Titan site shows their 65" version weighing 701 lbs. , a little lighter than TractorTYMe 's Betsco. Strictly visual but his Betsco looks a lot more challenging to the TYM tractor by the side load than the OP's L6060 would be with the same size cutter.
OBTW, those roller bearings take a serious beating on flail mowers with them essentially under load all the time while mowing. My Alamo road right of way type flail (7'8" wide cut) uses very large bearings on a heavy roller and their bearings are in a large cast housing. Not cheap to replace. I'd take a close look at bearings if I were buying.

/ L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #14  
I've been looking at these - their AGF Gold Series is rated up to 4" wood capacity

I contacted the vendor and they said my M59 has only 46 PTO HP and would only be suitable with their smallest 55" cut width 1600lbs unit. My preference would be for the 63" or 71" cut width as my tractor weighs about 7,500lbs with the cab. Not enough PTO HP was their response.

I am torn as to the HP requirements and cut widths.

/ L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #15  
I've been looking at these - their AGF Gold Series is rated up to 4" wood capacity

I contacted the vendor and they said my M59 has only 46 PTO HP and would only be suitable with their smallest 55" cut width 1600lbs unit. My preference would be for the 63" or 71" cut width as my tractor weighs about 7,500lbs with the cab. Not enough PTO HP was their response.

I am torn as to the HP requirements and cut widths.
Follow the implement limitations in your Kubota Operator's Manual and you will be OK.

1,600 Lbs. is well above the Kubota recommendations for flail mowers, offset or otherwise.

Last edited:
   / L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #16  
The Titan website shows the 65" version weighing 701 lbs. Their 78" version only runs 1410 lbs. according to their website. That makes me even more skeptical of Titan's specs. How does the 78" unit end up weighing TWICE what the 65" unit weighs? And only $300 diff in posted price... something ain't right here...

/ L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #17  
Follow the implement limitations in your Kubota Operator's Manual and you will be OK.

1,600 Lbs. is well above the Kubota recommendations for flail mowers, offset or otherwise.
Manual says 880lbs or 60"

A little disappointing specs for a CAT2 3PH tractor claiming 3860 lbs capacity on the 3PH. Oh well, it's only a CUT after all...

/ L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #18  
I run a 72" one behind my 35hp LS cab tractor and love it. It's a bit heavy and I have to be careful raising it. But it's mostly rolling along the ground and it's not a problem to use.

/ L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #19  
I thought about a ditch mower but ended up compromising, got a flail with hydraulic side-shift. Doesn't go out as far as a ditch mower but allows me to mow the edges of ditches; I also can run bigger for most of my mowing needs. (7' Novatractors on my NX5510; running on the big side of things but after several years it's doing it; also will note that the rollers are huge on this unit, one should note that the very high-end units all have big rollers)

/ L6060 with 78” titan offsett flail mower #20  
I thought about a ditch mower but ended up compromising, got a flail with hydraulic side-shift. Doesn't go out as far as a ditch mower but allows me to mow the edges of ditches; I also can run bigger for most of my mowing needs. (7' Novatractors on my NX5510; running on the big side of things but after several years it's doing it; also will note that the rollers are huge on this unit, one should note that the very high-end units all have big rollers)
My ancient Alamo 7'8" flail has a huge roller, maybe 8" in diameter? At least 6". And heavy ball bearings on each end. It is a 2 man job to move that roller around if you need to replace bearings or other reasons to remove or adjust.