Kubota B7100HSD

/ Kubota B7100HSD #1  

RichZ

Veteran Member
White Creek, New York, Washington County, on the V
Tractor
Kubota 4630 with cab and loader
My buddy is considering buying a B7100HSD with a backhoe. I'm a vintage tractor guy, and know little of Kubotas, so here are his questions:
1. How easy is it to get parts for this unit?
2. Is this unit too small to run a backhoe? He's going to use it for landscaping and digging trenches for waterlines, etc.

Thanks!!

/ Kubota B7100HSD #2  
Well... I had a B7100 with a backhoe for 9 years. The sadest and happiest day of my life with tractors came the day I traded my B7100 for a B2410. The 2410 is all I hoped for and more, but the B7100 is one tough little machine.I had a Woods 650 TPH hoe. I also ran a Woods 750 on it for a while. The 750 is definatly too big (wheel stands and all). The 650 is almost too big. I can't help you with any Kubota hoe stuff cause I just never had one.But to your questions -1. How easy is it to get parts for this unit?I never had any problems at all. We even ordered stuff from the factory (heavy duty top link attachment bracket, required for TPH hoe). Most everything is available. This model tractor is the highest production model in the Kubota line.2. Is this unit too small to run a backhoe? He's going to use it for landscaping and digging trenches for waterlines, etc.I used my hoe for everything you can imagine. Once I dug a 900 foot trench for a neighbor up the center of his gravel driveway. The subase was packed 5 inch stone, topped with crusher run and washed gravel. No problem. Now that is not to say that you don't have to move at a reasonable pace, and be a little careful if you have a TPH mounted system.I would recommend you get a hoe that has a subframe. The extra expence is WELL worth the money. I also used to routinly dig out and push over 100 foot trees with the B7100 and hoe. Also you MUST have a loader or something VERY heavy out front. It will do what you want but it will be slower than a larger machine.

/ Kubota B7100HSD #3  
Parts are becoming more and more obsolete. Kubotas biggest problem is that they are discontinuing parts far too early in the life of the machine. Gearing so far has been the number one foe.

/ Kubota B7100HSD #4  
<font color=blue>Kubotas biggest problem is that they are discontinuing parts far too early in the life of the machine. </font color=blue>

I have an older gear-drive B7100 that is much older than the B7100HSD. I have never had any problems purchasing new PARTS from my Kubota dealer. I have, however, had problems finding new COMPLETE ATTACHMENTS such as front end loaders, mid-mowers, etc. that were custom fit to my specific tractor.

Kelvin

/ Kubota B7100HSD #5  
The B7100 is a strong tractor and generally very reliable...if taken care of. It does not have power steering, but that won't be much of a problem with back hoe operation.

One of the problem areas of this tractor is caused by the owner's lack of knowledge of the thermo-siphon cooling system (pressurized water-cooled system with no water pump nor thermostat). For example, filling the radiator with 100% antifreeze is a big "no-no" and will result in rapid overheating.

Kelvin

/ Kubota B7100HSD #6  
Mine has 1700 some hours on it with 3/4 of that being loader work. No backhoe but sure wish I had one. No problem for parts as very few are ever needed. Replaced the dynamo and seal on the drive shaft to the front differential. Also replaced the seat.
As Thomas says " A real little Mule "

Egon