Kioti Warranty Concerns

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #22  
From somebody that has been in the equipment repair business for many years, I wish customers would sit down and read the details of their warranty. It seems a lot of people have the mentality that if they break it then warranty will fix it. And in reality only about 1% of all failures are warranty covered repairs. I don't know how many times I have had customers bring in push mowers from a box store with a blown engine and the oil at the very bottom of the dipstick and then wonder why warranty won't cover their low oil failure and then find out that the mower came with the correct size bottle of oil in the box, but they only dumped in half. So instead of 18 ounces they only added 9.

Or bring in a trimmer that they purchased a week ago with a broken bump knob on the trimmer head and the manufacturer spells out in the warranty page in the owners manual that trimmer head parts are considered wear items and are excluded from warranty coverage, and then blame it on me because I can't warranty their new trimmer.
Lots of brand new two strokes run on straight gas and a 10 hour Kubota torn down because gas and not diesel to refill tank...

Strong Dealer can move mountains and as a Lemmon Law arbitrator I've seen manufacturers step up outside warranty for very good customers.

One had a string of new Cadillac purchases always dealer serviced and had problems with 4100 V8???

Anyway just as hearing was about to start Cadillac offered to fully cover repair as goodwill... the family had bought 11 new and Dealer was in their corner....

I imagine similar in tractors but many of us it's a one time purchase.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #23  
What do you think he should of done?
Fought his selling dealer to correct the repairs. The buck stops with them. They f^&*d it up, they need to fix it. ASAP, and on their dime. No one else bears any responsibility.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #25  
Whoopee.... I've never 'test drove' a tractor, it's not a car.

I get the distinct feeling you are a poser..... (n)
I test drove several tractors before deciding on one.
I didn't drive it on the road, it's a tractor, not a car.
I did pose for a picture.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns #27  
Lots of brand new two strokes run on straight gas and a 10 hour Kubota torn down because gas and not diesel to refill tank...

Strong Dealer can move mountains and as a Lemmon Law arbitrator I've seen manufacturers step up outside warranty for very good customers.

One had a string of new Cadillac purchases always dealer serviced and had problems with 4100 V8???

Anyway just as hearing was about to start Cadillac offered to fully cover repair as goodwill... the family had bought 11 new and Dealer was in their corner....

I imagine similar in tractors but many of us it's a one time purchase.
Lots of new 2 strokes come through here also. Have to be careful on trying to warranty something like that. The OEM have you ship the trimmer to them, and then not only do they refuse to pay the warranty, they also won't pay for the freight to ship it to them.

And I have done a few good will warranty claims also that they paid for. Also have been in the situation where they authorized a questionable warranty and even went as far as issuing a authorization number and then refuse to pay the claim. Because authorization doesn't guarantee payment.

The latest thing is the OEM will have you do a complete teardown on an engine, upload pictures of every bearing surface in the engine and then they make the decision on warranty. If they refuse then you are out any time and material that was used during the teardown, unless the customer agrees to pay for your time. In most cases with small engines if the customer insist on warranty, it is advised to get a deposit to cover your time, if the OEM kicks it back for non warranty.

/ Kioti Warranty Concerns
Oh please, tell us the whole story. What brand? How did it perform? What did you like about it and not like about it.
Will you buy it?