Just bought a F3060!

/ Just bought a F3060! #21  
I believe you can buy 'bar tread' tires for them. No issue here as it's flat as a board so the turf tires work just fine.

/ Just bought a F3060!
Mowing grass after sunset is an exercise in wadding up damp grass under the deck and depositing clumps in the yard, something I never do because the wadded up grass under the deck promotes corrosion, robs power from the motor and generally makes a mess. Far as I'm concerned, putting lights on any mower is nothing but inane.

Just bought an F2880 with a 72" 3 blade deck used from my Kubota dealer. I'd have like to buy a new one, just cannot afford the 'price of admission' and the JD front mount machines are even more expensive.

Far as seats go, there are many options available, Kubota or aftermarket including air ride bases. If I was to buy a new seat, I'd buy aftermarket from a company like Michigan Seat or K&M. OEM Kubota OEM seats are way overpriced in my view. For a new seat and air ride base, aftermarket, expect to pay around 800 - 1000 for it where a Kubota standard (sweaty butt vinyl seat with no air ride) will be almost as much.

If it was me, I'd buy an aftermarket Cordura seat. Cordura is comfortable on your butt and is very weather resistant. Rural King sells them and they are reasonable as well.

Traded in a 2 oar zero turn and I won't miss it. No more oars and no more punishing ride either.
Thanks for the recommendations on the seat. I’ll check out some of the aftermarket options. I agree that mowing after dark is not ideal, but sometimes I run out of daylight late in the season due to my work schedule. I’m planning on getting a power angle blade and power broom for this machine to assist with clearing our long driveway in the wintertime, so a light would be helpful for that too.

I’ve never tried a zero turn because I have always lived in hill country here in WV. I did look at one of the tracked ZT mowers once, but they were mega pricey.

Bar tread tires would be an option, but they would chew up my grass. I probably just need to landscape that area with mulch and shrubbery so I don’t have to worry about mowing it anymore.

/ Just bought a F3060! #24  
Your picture shows shade, a steep hillside, and there's water in the small ditch at the bottom at the asphalt. That is too wet and too steep to expect anything but sliding.

/ Just bought a F3060! #27  
Hi all! First post here! I bought a F3060 last night and am working on getting myself more educated on their operation and maintenance. The guy I bought it from owned multiple Kubota machines and seemed to be very knowledgeable about them. He had owned it for a year before buying a newer F series. The original owner was a school system so most of its 1500 hours were racked up mowing around schools.

I have been mowing about 3 acres of hilly grass with a 1974 Cub Cadet 800. It has been a great little tractor, but its relatively narrow chassis and RWD characteristics make it less than ideal on slopes. This F3060 should help me cut more grass faster and safer.

It has a few issues that need addressing in the near future. First, I need to put a seat on it. The current one is usable, but really ragged. I see that Kubota has discontinued the seat. Any good aftermarket sources for seats similar to what's on it? Second, I need to put some rear tires on it as they are pretty bald. Any particular brand of tires better than others for these machines or will any turf tire of the same size work? Lastly, I need to replace the front plastic and headlight assembly. I often mow into the night if I have to do it during the week. Looks like those parts are still available so that shouldn't be too hard.

Here is a photo of it. Let me know what you think and please feel free to share any tips and tricks for these machines. Thanks!

/ Just bought a F3060!
Made some good progress on my repairs over the weekend. Put on some new rear tires and replaced the leaky pinion seal. The new tires really helped on the steep stuff and it was nice to not have 80w90 slung all over the bottom of the engine.

Also, I ordered some more parts to secure my battery so I can get rid of the bungee cord the previous owner installed 🤦🏼‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_5021.jpeg
    IMG_5021.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5022.jpeg
    IMG_5022.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5031.jpeg
    IMG_5031.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5033.jpeg
    IMG_5033.jpeg