Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,711  
Must be doing something right. Picked up a 1 owner 1986 61 from original owner this morning.

I usually pass on the 61's. But just wanted to see why folks always wanted these ones. Little heavy to me for cc. But they do cut fine.

Working metal chain brake still too.

Wiped down the oiled fines and she is nice.

Put a pic with what is prob the original b+c too. 20" 058 73 LG.

h61zzzzzzzzzz.jpg
h61zzzzzz.jpg
h61zzzzz.jpg
h61zzzz.jpg
h61zz.jpg
h61bar.jpg

#1,712  
I have a 490 also that I modded and it's a good little saw. I also have the Echo 4010 that I modded. My favorite saw I own and I own a bunch, is my 2511. Love that saw!
What I noticed and why I compared.

Both saws running I could feel the vibrations John and Corey mentioned. Just by letting saws idle lifting by handles to my sides.
In the cut nothing felt on husky.
The echo I could feel the vibration in cuts but ever so slight to me still.
But I can see what others said in past.

The coil spring antivibe is just so smooth on the 1999 husky compared to the rubber on 2021 echo.

I guess the vibration bother some folks hands real bad. I'm not there yet thank goodness.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,713  
I had a 346 for a while which I got rid of prematurely. It started running badly so I took it to the saw shop where they told me that it needed a new crank and wasn't worth fixing. It was 3 years old. I then took my 254 down to get that tuned up, and it also "needed a crank." I left it there for the price of the diagnosis.
They'd sold Stihl and Jonsered for years but had just taken over Husky. They since have earned a reputation for taking a saw for repairs and saying "It's not worth fixing but we'll keep it for parts and call it even." Apparently they have to sell a certain number of saws to keep the Husky franchise, but I've never found a saw which I liked as much as the 346 and 254.

I notice vibration because I've had problems in the past. I was running an old Arctic Cat Lynx in and out of the woods every day. It had no vibration dampening, and by the end of the winter I would have no feeling whatsoever in my hands for the first few hours I woke up.

#1,714  
Like a brand new saw under the grime. Just air and wipe down.

Cuts fine like a 61.5cc should. 48mmx34mm open port if recall right. See why folks wanted for firewood saws etc.

h61n.jpg
h61nnnnnnnn.jpg
h61nnnnnnn.jpg
h61nnnnnn.jpg
h61nnnnn.jpg
h61nnnn.jpg
h61nnn.jpg
h61nn.jpg

#1,716  
Looks like new!
I was amazed how clean underneath it was.

As bought.

Fines were packed everywhere under muffler, under covers, etc. Prob never cleaned. But in all not bad compared to some I had in.

Last 2 same way.

h61866.jpg
h6186.jpg

#1,718  
Quick fix once ordered part come in. Rear av for 385.

h385rearav.jpg

#1,719  
Found a piston I couldnt recall. Meteor failed attempt to make a 475 2077 piston.
Took me awhile to find my old info 11 years back.

No markings were on their box.

p475pmeteor.jpg

Last edited:
#1,720  
It's getting closer. Just cant find early OE decal anymore so the later OE one.

Decals no big deal to me as it is a tool. But if I do flip it. Buyer may like having oem decals.

h346dd.jpg
h346ddd.jpg