JUNE 16TH RIGHT?

/ JUNE 16TH RIGHT? #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
guess i am fed up with the rotten weather!/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif supposed to be june 16 th and i had ot turn my heat on this morning.cloudy , cold, wet, and windy. sounds more like november.too wet to cut grass, too wet to grade my new septic system. really really frustrating. we get a few days of sun and it starts to dry, then i go like the dickens to get the gras cut and then got one evening of seat time and the rain started again, just rains enough to keep everything nice and soggy, then it just stays cloudy and cool. sorry but i needed to vent and appreciate the venting space/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ JUNE 16TH RIGHT? #2  
I think I know the feeling, same here in New Hampshire. I started the wood stove on Saturday morning and it is still going Sunday afternoon. The sun came out for a brief visit around 2:00 PM but it's raining again now just after 4:00.

Six of us are planning a canoe trip for 3 days in Vermont starting Thursday, guess we will have plenty of water in the river. And to think back in April we were concerned about the low water levels.

Randy

/ JUNE 16TH RIGHT? #3  
I definitely know the feeling. They started digging the foundation for my shop almost 2 months ago and stopped because of the water level. I couldn't help it and dug the power trench when we had a couple of dry days. It looks like the Erie canal right now. It rained all yesterday. We got a little seat time today - moved some stumps to the pile and converted more trees to little tiny pieces (most relaxing). We finally quit because the rain came back. If we hadn't managed those 4 hours, I would be really unbearable next week. I still don't have any idea when the shop is going to get started - Ellie Mae could really use a roof over her head.

-david

/ JUNE 16TH RIGHT? #4  
I agree the weather stinks. The forms on our foundation were just about done and it poured Wednesday so they had to finish on Thursday. Not bad except it was crappy all day Friday, Saturday and today. We did get the walls poured and I guess the will tear the forms down tomorrow and then it is supposed to be nice Tues, Wed, Fri and on. But since the weather guessers seem to give us a 10 day glimpse of a really alternate world the update the next day will tell you rain when it was supposed to shine.

So if the rain does hold off this week the walls can be coated with the water proofing, the back fill can be done and the basement can be capped. But that is if the weather in CNY stays nice. We only get abou 30 days of good weather you know.

Cement pump truck operator on Friday during the pouring (rain

Attachments

• 6-161079-Dsc00174.jpg
    6-161079-Dsc00174.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 54
   / JUNE 16TH RIGHT? #5  
I'm sure glad I don't have any big projects like septic clean-ups, foundations, or other things going on now. Just like you folks, here in the southern tier of N.Y., its watch the grass get higher than I like, then mow and clean up (I'm taking care of 4 properties) and watch more rain. I do have 2 flower beds in various stages of construction, but they don't compare to your projects. Good luck!
Will

/ JUNE 16TH RIGHT? #6  
Yep, Father's Day! Had a couple hours seat time today fixing up my Dad's parking strip for him. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Here in the rainy Pacific NW we are recovering from our 96 degree day last Thursday, and today I have to water the lawn AGAIN because we haven't had significant rainfall in over three weeks, because it's all back East!! /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ JUNE 16TH RIGHT?
they actually poured cement in that rain?

/ JUNE 16TH RIGHT? #8  
Frank F15,

Yep they poured in the rain. And here is what the house looks like today (If you like you can find more on this on House II under projects).

Michael

Attachments

• 6-169528-070402Framing012.jpg
    6-169528-070402Framing012.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 50