It's all Boondox's fault!

/ It's all Boondox's fault! #1  

_RaT_

Tractor
Kioti 3510-SE HST
It\'s all Boondox\'s fault!

Pete got me to thinking about a MINI Cooper with his post sometime back about getting one. Yesterday I actually breathed on, sat in and looked under the MINI hood. This car is perhaps something you either really like or don't, I do, alot. Perhaps I will get the nerve up to actually test drive one. I'm afraid because I may really, really like it and there will be no turning back. The MINIusa website is cool, the folks that sell them are cool, the car is beyond cool, its, its, I love it, no, I lerve it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hate you Pete

/ It's all Boondox's fault! #2  
Re: It\'s all Boondox\'s fault!

Hiya RaT, how goes it? I definitely agree, the Mini's are way cool! I like the idea of bringing back classic cars in modern versions - I just saw two more in "Hot Rod" magazine that are coming out soon; a '69 Camaro-based concept car, and the new Dodge Challenger, based on the '70. Very nice.

If you end up getting a Mini, please go easy on Pete - he's a nice guy, and I'm sure he didn't mean any harm. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And oh, by the way - you might be happy to know that someone "got" the Annie Hall reference. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Happy motoring, John

/ It's all Boondox's fault! #3  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( coming out soon; a '69 Camaro-based concept car )</font>

Let's hope not 'cause the '69 Camaro is my grandson's favorite car. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Of course you know what that word "concept" means, don't you? The dictionary words it more eloquently, but in simple terms that's a half baked idea that ain't been thought out. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ It's all Boondox's fault! #4  

Mornin Bird,
I think the Mini Coopers are really cool myself, I just dont know if my persona could adapt to one, but I do admire those cars whenever I see one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As far as the 69 Camaro, well I owned one, bought a new 69 SS many years ago, I believe I payed $3600 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It was a great runnin machine, but dont think my Pop liked when I left rubber leaving the house /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty

/ It's all Boondox's fault! #5  

You guys are killing me! I LOVE the Mini but can't do a third vehicle right now. Also can't give up my truck right now so it will just have to wait.

_RaT_, there are a lot of Mini gatherings and drives that look like a lot of fun. We ran into one last year on vacation. I wonder if I could put a fifth wheel hitch on the roof?

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ It's all Boondox's fault!

<font color="blue">I wonder if I could put a fifth wheel hitch on the roof? </font>

Yes, you can. Just realize that with the very tight turning radius and the short wheelbase you could have the front of the MINI hit the front of the trailer in tight turns.

/ It's all Boondox's fault! #7  

If you drive it, you'll buy it! Get the supercharged version if you can, more power, arg arg arghh!

And I got the Annie Hall ref too! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ It's all Boondox's fault! #8  

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

The dirt road was fairly firm this morning, so I dusted off the Mini and took it to work. Work is a 12 mile commute, but the twisting mountain roads were calling me...and the trip put 48 miles on the odometer! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And ignore that comment about the supercharged Cooper S. It is obvious from the engine sounds at meets that Cooper S drivers have no talent and use the supercharger in a lame attempt to make up for that shortcoming. We Cooper drivers understand how to use gas and clutch to keep the RPMs in the powerband at all time. On the Mount Mansfield climb, a supercharged version has yet to best a normally aspirated Mini Cooper with a skilled driver.

Superchargers are for wimps!

Now excuse me while I take the Mini to the bike shop via the back roads! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif