Is a subcompact under 25hp enough power?

/ Is a subcompact under 25hp enough power? #91  
Very nice! You must be happy to have her home.

/ Is a subcompact under 25hp enough power? #92  
Of course you had to borrow a larger tractor to pull a 16 foot disc; the proper size for a 3025E would be between 6 and 8 feet.
I have ten acres and I first had a JD3520. I soon discovered it was to small so I upgraded to a JD4320. It is 48hp and it is way better. I can make roads and clear my land very easily. If you have acres get the biggest tractor you can afford.

/ Is a subcompact under 25hp enough power? #93  
There is a pretty large bias against smaller machines. They are nothing but a lawn mower, or you will do better with a shovel. Personally I think they can live in their very biased world.

I live on a flat 13ac, and have had a BX25D from roughly the moment they first came out. It is currently sitting at 700 hours and I don't use it to mow, but I do have the deck. I have used it to pull the box blade and now land plane with no issues. Dug up a great backstop for my range, moved concrete and gravel by the bucket full. It has been all the machine I have needed.

/ Is a subcompact under 25hp enough power? #94  
For my 2¢.

I have my Ford 1715. Rated at 26 to 27 HP. It does a lot of what I need, although I would like a little stouter loader (meaning also more weight). It'll brush hog OK. Tilled OK. I have seen the temperature light come on at times, perhaps if I was pushing the RPMs high.

Mom had a 30 to 40 HP Deere (not quite sure of the model). It did well for almost anything. It shrunk to a Kubota BX2380. It wasn't my idea, and I wasn't asked for an opinion. 21.6 HP. I haven't used it much, but it it couldn't pull a wooden post out of the ground without concrete. And my nephew complains it lacks power for brush hogging. It will do OK for light duty work, but nothing major. I'm experimenting with flailing mowing now, and It isn't even worth trying on the Kubota.

I'm not quite sure why there seems to be so much difference between the Ford and the Kubota.

Yet, if it was me, I'd choose something in the 40+ HP range.

I recently snagged a Landini Trekker 60F. About 60 HP, and amazingly powerful for a tiny package. And it should climb walls... as long as they aren't muddy walls.

/ Is a subcompact under 25hp enough power? #95  
For my 2¢.

I have my Ford 1715. Rated at 26 to 27 HP. It does a lot of what I need, although I would like a little stouter loader (meaning also more weight). It'll brush hog OK. Tilled OK. I have seen the temperature light come on at times, perhaps if I was pushing the RPMs high.

Mom had a 30 to 40 HP Deere (not quite sure of the model). It did well for almost anything. It shrunk to a Kubota BX2380. It wasn't my idea, and I wasn't asked for an opinion. 21.6 HP. I haven't used it much, but it it couldn't pull a wooden post out of the ground without concrete. And my nephew complains it lacks power for brush hogging. It will do OK for light duty work, but nothing major. I'm experimenting with flailing mowing now, and It isn't even worth trying on the Kubota.

I'm not quite sure why there seems to be so much difference between the Ford and the Kubota.

I recently snagged a Landini Trekker 60F. About 60 HP, and amazingly powerful for a tiny package. And it should climb walls... as long as they aren't muddy walls.
The difference is the Ford is a compact tractor and the Kubota BX is a sub-compact.

/ Is a subcompact under 25hp enough power? #96  
The difference is the Ford is a compact tractor and the Kubota BX is a sub-compact.

Ahhh, so subs are designed to be sunk in the ocean... got it.

/ Is a subcompact under 25hp enough power? #97  
For my 2¢.

The difference is 5 hp between your bx example and the ford.....so 20 % .....I have a 25 hp BX2660, it has no problem with 48" brushhog, 9 inch post hole digger, ,60 inch rear finish mower, wallenstein wood chipper, 52 in snow blower, I remember one day at my daughters new build house , I spread three dual axle dumptruck loads of gravel with the 48" FEL to make her driveway , pretty significant workout in my opinion...... so maybe it is more comparable apples to apples comparison to your Ford maybe......just smaller wheels of course. .....( or maybe it's the operator) ;)