Gun Sights

/ Gun Sights #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Any one use a EOTech 512 sight set up? Was wondering how it worked out for ya and any tips to mount and using. All replies welcome.:)

/ Gun Sights #2  
Yes I have a few EOtechs. My only complaint is that the 512 is not compatible with night vision. The length bothers some if they do not have enough rail space. It has held up well in all conditions and it is not pampered.

/ Gun Sights #3  
I have a 552 which is just a 512 with night vision capability and I have another that runs off a single 123 battery I can't remember the model number.

The 552 is at least 12 or so years old. I left some batteries in that leaked and I though had ruined it and an email to Eotech I had new parts plus spares sent to me free of charge without even asking for them.

I am pleased to say the least.

/ Gun Sights
Any tips on sighting these in. First time owning a rifle.

/ Gun Sights #5  
Fire a 3 shot group at 25 yards. Determine distances, horizontal & vertical, from center of bull. Adjust rear sight 4 clicks per inch in direction the group needs to move to cover center. Fire another 3 shot group and repeat until you are happy with the results. This will get you to a decent zero.

/ Gun Sights
Fire a 3 shot group at 25 yards. Determine distances, horizontal & vertical, from center of bull. Adjust rear sight 4 clicks per inch in direction the group needs to move to cover center. Fire another 3 shot group and repeat until you are happy with the results. This will get you to a decent zero.

Thank you very much.:thumbsup:

/ Gun Sights #7  
Bore sight it if you can. I have done that with bolt action irons and scopes(easy to do with AR too). And try at short range first(25 yards). I have seen people try to sight optics on a lever rifle at 100 yards and be feet off target. One guy had already went thru a box or $40 ammo by the time I helped him.
G&A Basics: How to Zero a Rifle in Five Steps - Guns & Ammo

Other option is buy laser bore sighter
Sightmark Laser Bore Sight

/ Gun Sights #8  
EOtechs website has a printable target for sighting in. It has the adjustments on the target telling you how to do it.

/ Gun Sights #9  
EOTech should be mounted forward and not all the way to rear like conventional scope. If co-witnessing with BUIS and the BUIS are already sighted in them just move the center dot to correspond to your irons.

/ Gun Sights #10  
Any tips on sighting these in. First time owning a rifle.
Murph,when sighting in get a good solid rifle rest.You can use a old bench/table with a bag of sand to set your rifle on.As stated start at 25 yards with a good size target.