Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,201  
Mom went to be with the Lord last Wednesday and joined my dad and oldest brother. She went in her sleep without pain or trauma. The healthcare worker tried her best to revive her but to no avail. She was 98 and had a pretty good run. She was the oldest of her siblings and only the youngest remains out of the six. We had already begun planning for her 100th birthday party with the 100 or so great-great-great grandkids, cousins and more. We are still celebrating her life and times are hard at the moment. I got my last hug the night before as I helped her from the wheelchair into bed. She didn't want to let go and now I know why.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,203  
Morning all, 44 going up to 48 and windy.
Last night heavy rain and thunder, roof leaked again :-(

Did get shelves up, all 12' are now full with boxes of materials for different jobs and some miscellaneous stuff. Which clears the way for me to put up the new shelves and clean up the wood rack for the wifes stuff.
Started piling up the sheetrock scraps to go out.

Deer ate all the crocuses........

Congrats Scaredy - Good news and hope your sciatica resolves.

Our condolences Tinhack , 98 is an excellent run

In NJ on our .6 acre 3200 sq foot house was $16,000/year and it went up over $1000 since we left.
One of the many reasons why we moved to PA. I have friends paying over $20,000 for less land in NJ.

More cleanup to happen in the garage and need to recreate my work area, but need to get rid of construction scraps and get big ladder back in place. Still packed full to the brim, so need to be clever about re-organizing.

Might do dog walk at peddlars village if wife is feeling well enough.

Be well,
20240309_131404.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #187,204  
Morning all, 44 going up to 48 and windy.
Last night heavy rain and thunder, roof leaked again :-(

In NJ on our .6 acre 3200 sq foot house was $16,000/year and it went up over $1000 since we left.
One of the many reasons why we moved to PA. I have friends paying over $20,000 for less land in NJ.
Yes, but what was the assessed value/ true value of the property compared to the taxes charged.
The amount of land doesn't make any difference unless it adds a monetary value to the property, .6 of an acre or 60 acres the assessed value is what the taxes are calculated from.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,205  
Yes, but what was the assessed value/ true value of the property compared to the taxes charged.
The amount of land doesn't make any difference unless it adds a monetary value to the property, .6 of an acre or 60 acres the assessed value is what the taxes are calculated from.
Assessed value is a random number by the town and can be based on market value, roulette wheel, dart board or time of day.

All three of my houses NY/NJ/PA were all based on whole value which includes property.
My house in NJ was more than the same sized one with more land two houses down and less than the one with .8 acre but same size house. The larger house with the same land was more and our neighbor with smaller land and smaller house was less. So land is very pertinent in most towns. Land is a big part of my tax base in PA as the land is worth almost as much as the house 🙃

In NY (Long Island) we also had some basis and a percentage of that, which was house value. The base value was not attached to market value there either. Very little land and small house was $7K/year back in the late 90's

Just had a hard , unexpected downpour here.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,206  
My condolences Tinhack.

Regarding taxes, assessment 115,000, municipal taxes general levy (to help pay for the new grader) 0.00888010 = $510.61, education tax rate (public) 0.00153000 = $87.98
The township wants it in 2 installments first due at the end of March $303.87 and April $299.oo
I will get another one of these in the fall, generally the total taxes on this 1456 sq' house and 5 acres of land will be $1205.74 up from the $1175.oo I paid for last year.
When I moved here 30 years ago the taxes were in the $900.oo range. I think I am getting off easy, compared to others.
Vacant land here is about $11,500/acre.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,207  
Good Afternoon Guys,
Scaredy, congrats on new grand daughter!! Also glad to hear pain has abated a bit !

Tinhack, condolences to you and your family !

Today, we are off to the Dt Patrick’s day parade ! Always a good time and the friends back to the house for drinks and food !!

Hope all have a blessed day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #187,208  
Tinhack, sorry for the loss of your Mom, glad you got a good hug in.

finished up potting a whole tray of moon flowers, amazed how fast they are growing.
now headed outside to plant some Japanese toad lilies given to me as well as a lenten rose hellebore.

my brother stopped over, picked up that fancy loaf of bread I bought in Lancaster for them.
was hoping he'd bring the C8 but that rain that blasted though Ken's place South of here
so probably he didn't want to get the car dirty.