Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,042  
. So ice evaporates before it melts which allowed us to go on a 1/2 mile walk.
I hope your walk was sublime!

beacuse that process is called “Sublimation”😂🤣😂

/ Good morning!!!! #184,043  
I started gettin floaters when I was in my 20s. Very tiny, barely Noticeable, but not unnoticeable…

FF>> 30 years, and they are quite annoying when trying to swat a mosquito when the room lights are off and just the TV is on…🤬

/ Good morning!!!! #184,044  
I cant think of any benefits to the county if they give away the property tax levy on the solar farm.
exactly.
Thinking about diverse opinions..
If someone posts something you find disagreeable to extent you want to comment, just PM them directly. You can make your point with each other without involving everyone else.
I could see this to try and respectfully explain one's self. But it can get out of hand quickly OTOH.
How much forest/arable farmland needs to be chopped down to build it?
That's just it. The land around here is decent for farming or ranching. There's plenty of crap land due west. Almost like the badlands of Dakotas IMO.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,047  
-1°F and cloudy this morning, and got up to 10 whole degrees today. We're getting some more nuisance snow right now, but not enough to cover anything completely.

I noticed over the weekend that the pond fountain looked like it was struggling a bit to get through the ice forming around the spout. It usually sprays a nice cone about seven or eight feet high, but was only getting to about two or three feet in an asymmetrical shape. So, we turned it off. By last night, the pond was completely frozen over. Temps like this aren't unheard of here, and they typically don't last too long. I'm always glad to see them go when they do, though. We're almost 30° below normal temps for this time of year.

But hey, we're still not International Falls cold.

There's a local story here in the STL area about a municipality thinking about leasing out several unused acres of a cemetery for a solar energy farm as a way to help raise revenues for maintaining the cemetery and other city-owned properties. Jeez ... can't get away from those things even when you die.

Hope everyone is well.

Good evening, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,048  
Good evening all. 7ºF for the start, windchill -8ºF, clear sky, breezy. Moderate wind with brisk gust, and high temp was 24ºF. Started coffee and insert (ash clean and uncover coals) first, then moved on to getting checks ready to pay bills. January bills paid, on to club membership dues. Keeping room humidifier running, pan on insert and fire in insert going. Made calls to refill prescriptions get copies of estate documentation and wanted to make appointment for annual physical, office was closed for MLK day, also need to talk about Covid testing to see if I caught it from last week. No nap today, and made sloppy joes for dinner, and they weren't bad. Pipes had frozen south end of house last night, one thawed at 3 AM, the other one at 6 AM. Nothing frozen yet tonight. Last single digit low tonight, then temp moderating to more normal before cold reestablishes itself and 3 days of rain.
Friday 8:42 AM CST posts:
Dennis understand the problem, when I lived in Missouri 100 miles to a non ethanol gas pump.
RNG no plans for night biking, lights for visibility of me. Glad office trailer getting cleaned out and sold.
Ted sorry wind messed with the sleep Thursday night, hope you got a nap. I was hoping you got more snow. Hope you got to conserve some energy.
Gstrom hope you were able to Caucus.
Don and you still get seat time :)
Helo glad you made on time an boys had easy games.
David sorry to hear guys lost at H&F and BIL did pass. My condolences
Scott(vt) hope trip to VT went well and you beat the storm.
Jerry Welcome to GM thread.
Kilroy thanks for the Sheriff posting about staying home
Mark hope show was good.
Lou it is always he people who don't understand how to drive on slick roads.
Dennis hope your physical shows ok. Hope you are ready for snow and cold.
Gstrom hope you got your package. Nice snow pic
Mike Costco tends to the bigger quantities, but cost savings that is the draw for me. Now that it is only me, will have to look at it again.
Thomas evening plans sound good to me.
Billy thanks for pics from Thursday's hike.
Randy(wag) glad Dr appt. went well.
Bill enjoy your storm. glad you are ready for it.
James shame it did not snow when there was light to watch it :)
Bill very common practice in Ozarks, where cheap old running tractors are plentiful enough.
Two_bit doubt fuel purchases figure in on rebate.
Two_bit we were 9ºF if I recall correctly
Saturday morning 4:02 AM CST posts:
Ron glad Sassy can continue to be a dog ;) Hope snow control went well. Cute pics :)
Helo wife's car got a little snow I see.
Massyrider the stuff on flyer is not what I normally buy.
Phil nice projects. Sorry nobody calling you back to sell you stuff. We like what you do to the wood :)
Ron we had Costco 5 miles from door in St Charles county, now 1+ hour drive.
NHBX hope dump run went well.
Drew hope board meeting not too muddy. Root canal expensive. With this much cold hard to get excited here too.
Thomas hope afternoon of snow control went well.
NHBX experienced the same in St Charles County, went from 1 subdivision in 2 mile to solid houses.
Thomas hope you can find nice house when MRS retires.
Plowhog glad bear head off to hibernate.
Kilroy hope you can handle the reduced level of entertainment at work :)
NHBX sorry lost your dad so young.
Billy feeling ok today, nose stuffy and coughing up mucus.
Bill enjoy the snow control seat time.
Scott(vt) glad you made it to VT ok. Hope you don't lose power. nice pic
Drew maybe you should get R/C boat :) nice pic
Frits hope neighbor doesn't take too long to fix issue. Sorry to hear Daughter back to long days.
Mike hope Christmas celebration with family is good.
Don sounds like you are ready for the cold.
Buppies glad symptoms subsiding prayets sent.
Frits thanks for article link.
James nice snow pic.
Ken glad rain stopped. Glad no evidence of deer strike. Ice carving and fire dance never would have thought they would go together. Nice pics
Kyle glad no potential freeze problems. Hope coolant leak not a problem to fix.
Dennis sorry weather station reset totals before you got them.
Ted we were going to buy bigger purchases,so changed to executive member did get higher discount in store. Changed back after done with purchases.
RNG glad progress on office trailer.
Alan(46) I just hate the 1 hour + drive. Welcome to GM thread.
Scott(vt) glad you are in your happy place.
Gstrom glad furnace issue was temporary. Good to hear snow control successful.
James glad you got to 200 amp service. Nice to hear basement kitchen now fully functional. nice pic
Ted sorry to hear another low sleep night. Hope apple cheesecake pie wa good.
David nice to hear you are suffering in solidarity with us on the mailland :) Hope you got to find end of property Saturday. Sorry about irritated eyes.
Don sorry to hear cold prep at your expense.
Dennis good to hear good breakfast. Sorry you had to kick Sagglepuss off to type.
Frits thanks for info on pine used in table.
More catch up later
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,050  
my only close encounter with a bear was in my truck bumper at 50mph
I got me one with the Freightliner outside Quetico Park. Just clipped it with the bumper on the right side. The Freightliner had a real bumper made out of steel.
I'm not going anywhere, shovel inside, warm hat and gloves ready.
If you were to leave your shovel outside, then the snow wont stick to it.
The snow squalls continue. I plowed today and as of 5 P.M. you couldn't tell that I had plowed at all.