Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,311  
65°F and .04 inches rain.

A good eye appointment for Sophie. Pressure up, swelling down - progress. Sure is slow though.

A good time celebrating our friends 80th.

We’ll be hosting H&F this afternoon.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #183,313  
Best Christmas decoration upgrade I did was permanently attach the LED lights to the house, all around the house, up and around the chimney too. Now I just turn them on for Christmas and not turn them on for the next 11 months until it's time to turn them back on. Merry Christmas me, lol.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,314  
Drew, did you look at converting the existing window into a man door? Would think that might be an economical improvement.
logically for sure
Landlord mentality, if it ain't broke...but poor long term planning
valuable real estate asset, any improvements go directly to market value.
unlike you or I who will immediately go fix something that isn't working right
Landlady's late husband was cheap, she is afraid to spend money,

this cottage would likely be a tear down if property sold. When landlady passes, who knows what her two sons will do.
I bet they want to get the estate to pay the capital gains and then what they inherit will likely get sold to cash out.

David, this place really needs that door to the garage and another door off the living room so there is some door, any door to rear of house.
Realistically I need to find someone to do the carpentry very cheaply, get an estimate, then go talk to her about who is going to pay for it.
maybe we could split some stuff, but I want another five year lease first.
I have already over improved this place...

she made a mushroom souffle and we sat by a giant fireplace. Was nice.
thankfully for her one of her sons lives on the property now. So she is retiring herself, which is smart.
hope those folks have done good financial planning, big estate there, plus six or seven rental properties.
The tax man cometh
and he's hungry

meanwhile I decided to wait a day or two for a multi pronged ask...

came home to find the one into four usb gizmo delivered. That I will fiddle with later.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,315  
Good Afternoon Everyone, currently 49°

Hope everyone is getting healthy now.. Prayers and sympathy's to all over the last few weeks..

We had a good xmas here.. My mom was sick for about 10 days, so she was isolated from everybody that was the worst part, but doing great now.. My sister came home to her house on the 29th.. She is doing great and now able to do whatever she wants..She still has to get blood checked twice a week..

Have caught up on all the reading..

Have a great day..

Mark

/ Good morning!!!! #183,316  
Good Afternoon Guys,
Well I got the outside Christmas lights taken down today !
So I did get some putter time out in the Ct garage. I set up the wood lathe and attached it to my work bench for rigidity, and I think pretty successfully turned the long taper on the first rocker leg. We thought we were going to go back to Vt today, but the other couple couldn’t make it. So now I have to wait until the following weekend to bring the other legs down to Ct ! 😩 Why I didn’t bring all the front legs down is beyond me ! 😒

A couple of pictures , of before and after ! Could have used Phil today !
But all in all, I’m fairly pleased with the results!

Attachments

• IMG_3733.jpeg
    IMG_3733.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3734.jpeg
    IMG_3734.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
   / Good morning!!!! #183,317  
Looks like you're doing a great job so far Scott!
Afternoon all.
What I though was going to be a rest and recuperate day turned into an all out demo and rebuild of my wood shop. Moved three lights, one electrical outlet, numerous dust collection pipes and fittings and much much more! Trying to make it easier to clean up when the projects are done. Started at 8 am. and worked straight thru till 3 pm. I'm beat and the blister I got on my foot Tuesday while we walked is acting up again!!
Looks like we could get up to a foot of snow Sunday-Monday. I'm ready and waiting.

I do have a project completed but can't get my phone to take a good pic. Will try the DSL camera tomorrow.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,319  
Drew, that sounds like a good, reasonable approach to mutual benefit. Even if you paid, your benefit could out weigh that. Costs could be minimal especially if no electrical work. A five year lease would protect you against the unknown