Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,582  
Evening all!
Lathe looks good Scott!
Spent most of the day cleaning up around the yard from all the storm damage. Lots and lots of branches and pine cones!
IMG_7080.jpg

Worked in the shop yesterday on a piece 6x6x4. Got to almost done and made the inside bigger than the outside! Ooops! After the big boom and watching the pieces fly I calmed my nerves and salvaged what I could. LOL. About 3 inches around and barely 1 inch deep.
IMG_7079.jpg

Oh well! Guess that's how we learn. Will be back down in the shop tomorrow with a new piece to see if it goes right or I do it again.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,583  
OK, I'm on a roll..... another successful day! Got 5 plaques done. Unfortunately, I miscounted... there are 6 of the signs. I'll make another one tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the 3 that I don't have to hide:IMG_1265.jpegIMG_1264.jpegIMG_1263.jpeg

I have 2 for the wifey that I have to keep hidden. One more for the BIL, a Phila. Eagles plaque. (But he might not be appreciative after the last 2 losses......)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,584  
Greetings GM'ers !

25F and clear @ 19:00, heading down to around 22F for the overnight low.

Storm came through yesterday evening, we were under a Winter Storm warning. Parts of the Northern Lake Erie snow belt got anywhere 4" to 11" of snow, we only managed maybe a couple inches down here.

Was coming down pretty good and the wind was blowing about the time I got notified that my Menards order was ready and I headed out to pick it up.

Think that was my 3rd trip since I last posted. On the first trip they didn't have some items that they showed as being in stock ... which necessitated the second trip down to a different Menards. Grabbed some 90˚ 1/2" elbows while I was there and didn't notice that they were for rigid conduit not emt ... which prompted the 3rd trip last night.

Making some progress on the garage heater install.

Got rest of gas line in the garage stubbed out to the heater, drop leg with union, valve, and emergency shutoff installed.

Threaded rods installed into Uni-strut.

Got the 6 AWG feeder wires + ground installed into the sub panel in the garage but not yet connected to the main panel.

Located the spool of wire I got from the clean out of neighbor's shed, turned out to be 12 AWG stranded THHN ... probably a 500' or 1000' spool. Stripped off three 60' long pieces (for the Unisaw) and three 30' long piece (for heater and additional outlets), got conduit hung on the ceiling over to the heater and the wires all pulled through it. Also got conduit and three wires run down the back wall for the on/off switch for the heater and an additional outlet back there. The boxes installed for all that, plus the switch and outlets in a duplex box.

Kind of a PITA as I'm doing it all by myself. An extra pair of hands would be handy.

That spool of wire is itself light blue, so I'm taping it all at all connection and exposure points with some colored Cal Term tape (black, white, red, green) I picked up to identify what they are.

Still have to run another 28' of conduit - around 10' across the ceiling to the north wall, then 10' across and around 8' down for the outlets on that wall.

Got all the driveway markers installed a couple of days ago before the weather turned nasty. Also got that last piece of weed block put away in the barn as well.

Picked up another 4 gallons of diesel for the torpedo heater and refilled it. Gas was down to $2.55 a gallon yesterday when I went out ... (y)

Five deer out at the bird feeders the other day, all looking very fat and healthy. Deer feeder continues being cleaned out overnight when it is filled.

Need to refill all the feeders at this point but that won't happen until tomorrow.

Woman made her enchiladas, is now over at neighbor lady's for the evening to watch season finale of "The Voice".

Not sure what I'll get into this evening but need to dole out meds for this week.

Probably should go fire up the torpedo heater in the garage to warm it up a little to keep things from freezing.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #182,585  
BEF any action on your game cams?
Still got a buck around after deer season. Never saw any hunters on my lot.
Camera battery getting low, will have to go down soon. I put a 2nd camera up at the farm, but only doing the 100 free pics a month, which was up in 7 days. I'll probably start paying for it also, but it's more a security cam.
some of the best deer pics at the lot come from the non cellular camera.
IMG_2798.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,587  
Good (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 7.8C and it's presently 21.4C, fairly clear with a bit of a breeze. There was 2.1mm in the gauge @ 0900.

It threatened rain all day yesterday, yet nothing really happened until the evening. Oh, well. So it turned out to be a 'relaxing' day, waiting for Penelope to wander back into the house (yes, I'd checked a couple of times throughout the day and she was in the shed on top of the hay bales). When she did come 'in' she smelled wonderfully of warm hay. 😌

Today is 'into town' day for mail/groceries.

This arvo I plan on pulling the Hills Hoist post out of the ground. It looks like there is a sort of 'cap' that the pole passes through that is screwed into the base. I hope so 'cause I'd really like to re-use that 'hole'.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,588  
Hey, all! My young daughter told me about this joke this morning.

A young boy walks into a barber shop and the barber whispers to his customer, 'This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch while I prove it to you.'

The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, 'Which do you want, son?' The boy takes the quarters and leaves.

'What did I tell you?', said the barber. 'That kid never learns!'

Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store.

'Hey, son! May I ask you a question? Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?'. Then the boy, licking his cone, replied,

'Because the day I take the dollar, the game is over!'

/ Good morning!!!! #182,589  
Good evening all. 32ºF for the start, high thin clouds, light breeze. Light wind, clouds thicken some, and high temp was 54ºF. putter this morning looking for trust documents, so far unsuccessful :( no bike ride, no nap.
Helo I am a cyclist and not a fan of being chased by dogs.
Drew hope errands went well. Interesting decision how much to give.
Ron sorry about critter nest. Glad no wire damage, sorry about unable to install switch and wire it. Good to hear you got step and are n the process of installing it. ice cardinal
NHBX That is a lot of rain. Glad power did not stay off. Sorry no white Christmas. Glad you got some decorations up.
Thomas hope you get through the day at part store.
Billy 9ºF cold! Glad you could make the Costco run and take pressure off her. Hope flood damage minor.
Frits hope grocery pickup went smoothly Glad neighbor has been quiet. Interesting story.
Kilroy sorry no sauna. Hope admin was productive.
Buppies sounds cold, long day. prayers sent.
Bill sorry about the "warm weather" forecasted fir Dec 25. Glad you have generator for when you lose power.
Ken sorry about the wind damage. Sorry about rain gauge blown over. Sorr about UK meetings.
Scott(vt) hope no puddles in basement, 63 inch of rain whole lots rain.
Frits sorry to hear about wreck and hiker falling to injury.
Dennis sorry dentist did not call back, hope new trash co works out.
Dennis thanks for follow up on Frits post.
Don thanks for etched glass info. Sorry about the car buying experience. Sorry knee not happy with walk distance yesterday, hope Pt went well today.
RNG glad you got rain, sorry about little sleep. Glad caredge.com helped your car buying. Hope you have a good trip south.
Paul hope your avionics sell. Glad you got your document printed. Hope you can get your mom's estates finalized. Hope you get a flight in.
ted hope you get more moisture. Hope errands went well.
Scotty conversion looks good.
Dennis thanks fr pic. College buddy does hiker finds/rescues in Colorado near Salida.
Dennis sorry about your experience.
David sorry rain is messing with mowing. Good to hear pump came in. Hope you get it sorted out and installed. What, food only pretty good? ;)
Scotty good to hear pump fixed heater.
Dennis good to hear Dentist rescheduled, and son's college won Div2 football.
Dennis thanks for article on helicopter rescue.
Frits thank for the story.
Scott(vt) sounds like lathe about ready for use.
Phil pic looks good. Not much left of the bowel after inside bigger than outside. Thought that was a misprint when first read.
Ted plaques look wonderful, hope #6 that good.
RS hope driving in the windy snow storm not too bad. Sorry about trouble getting all the parts for heater install. Glad more progress on heater install.
Dennis nice pic.
Randy(wag glad you got a restful day. Hope you get to reuse the hole.

prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,590  
Good morning, the low temp is 28 and the high to 30°F. Wind SW 9 mph. 30% chance of flurries in morning.

I am up too early, but the good thing is that I can go back to bed. I don't have to be up until about 11 A.M. Dump/town run today, moved it up a day because he wants to catch the end of last weeks grocery sale.

Have a safe day all