Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #180,451  
They also use a lot of water for I suppose is cooling of the HVAC systems. This ican take away from the local infrastructure. I guess they are trying to avoid going to more expensive air cooled condensers

From our meeting last night.... Dominion is our supplier.

"Virginians learned for the first time that Dominion has already signed agreements with data centers to provide over 13 gigawatts of additional power by 2038."

That 13gw is an additional 8 nuclear plants required, scaled off our largest plant, Lake Anna.

Since they cannot build power plants fast enough, they will have to use transmission services accordingly.

And Dominion is not the whole state. So the whole state is a pretty bleak picture of energy demand and supply currently and for the future.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,452  
Good Morning!!!! 53F @ 7:00AM. A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 66F. Winds light and variable.
RNG when you make your final load are you putting the place up for sale. It is nice to be able to have both places at the same time during a slow methodic move.
Yes it is nice having both places, but I feel like I'm in a race to get out of the old home before something else breaks. I have a list of repairs to make before the old home goes on the market, but I'm focusing on the move before I start them. With a little luck the bulk of the stuff will be down there by the end of the year. I'm targeting March of '24 to find a decent realtor and get it on the market.
Sorry to hear about the club RNG, may father belonged to a smaller club that used to do cross country rides, they were from all over US and got to meet many of them, they rode everywhere until they got too old.
The membership is aging along with the bikes, Ken. We have a few thirty and forty somethings that are active, but the majority are in their sixties and seventies. Most younger folks either want the latest and greatest techno bikes, or don't ride at all. The current leadership is trying to appeal to a generation of riders that doesn't seem to exist, emphasizing internet based communications and activities over real, in person experiences. And they're blowing up the budget with lots of full color spreads in the magazine that look great, but that have no technical content. Since our main technical guru passed on, what little tech material that is published isn't vetted in any way. That has led to the publication of embarrassing errors, bad enough that someone could be hurt or killed should they try to duplicate them. It's hard to watch, but the SoCal bunch I like to hang out with will be mostly unaffected, keeping on with the same type of meetings and camp outs. And after the move, It'll be much more convenient to participate.

Sorry to hear the sad news, Bruce.

Got two shelving units packed into the trailer yesterday, but had to disassemble them to get them through the door. It's only 66" high, and the shelves are six footers. I've banged my head on that sixty-six inches many times now, so it's a sure thing that this trailer will be sold off after the move.

Decided to stick around another day before heading south. Mostly to get the trash hauled away. I've missed two trash days being away, and the pile was getting a little out of hand. Gonna need to make a dump run for all the "treasures" accumulating from the garage. Lots of blow molded tool cases, ancient Coleman lanterns and stove, outdated survival food; it was time for a good house cleaning anyway. I should also discontinue trash service here, as I'm almost to the point of spending more time down south than here. That and the trash man can't seem to empty the can all the way, and prices for the service just went up again.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,453  
they popped some big news on me last night.
Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope things work out well, both with the move and leg issues. Being taxed out of their property must be a great disappointment.

Good luck with your plumbing repairs! Have a great trip!

/ Good morning!!!! #180,456  
68°F and .5 inches rain and more forecast. Hope it rains all day.

Very nice Happy Hour yesterday. It was suggested maybe we needed a food oriented name as being more appropriate. As usual the potluck contributions were great.

Still need to go to PO as item I was tracking wasn’t posted until after pick up hours.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #180,458  
Morning!
41 here after a night of 32 and snowing. Little over an inch on the grass and buildings. Guess the roads are still to warm to have it stick. Looks like it will be all gone by nightfall. Kinda killed my day for leaf wrangling! Went out and did some needed running around to the stores. Got rid of some waste oil and steel. Filled the fuel can and bought some freeze protection for the diesel fuel. Having a coffee now while I wait for the poly to dry on my latest project. Here is a sneak peak.
turkey challenge.jpg

Made everything in this pic in my shop. Wife loves it and can't wait to display it on Thanksgiving!
That's it for now. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

Last edited: