Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #178,502  
   / Good morning!!!! #178,503  
"Hey" has always been an informal greeting around here, and in spite of being "southern" Illinois, we are definitely not Southern.
Growing up in a far southern suburb (small and rural when I was raised - absorbed by the sprawl), and working 30 years IN downtown Chicago, Southern Illinois definetely was considered Southern (like another country - Southern) by most politicians there. Chicago pols thought they ran/owned the whole state. I got outta there as soon as I retired... I always say "hey" more than "hi".

;)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #178,504  
Has anyone tried a 9V lithium battery in a smoke detector? If so do they really last 5 years without that 2A.M. chirping?
The last new one I bought, came with those. It's supposed to be good for 10 years... We'll see.

/ Good morning!!!! #178,505  
41 going up to 62 and the sun will be out.
Friday night saw Seinfeld at the Met in Philly, was ok, wife was happy. I was in too much pain and Saturday was no better so stop taking new medicine. Yesterday I started feeling a bit better but still pretty out of it, now back to original problem.

Did get one more board up before sons friends came over to practice yesterday. Was pretty out of it and dropper the sheetrock on my foot, it certainly does weigh 70 pounds, ouch. Just bruised though, as was my ego.

Sorry to hear about your friend Drew

back to work,
Be well

Son off to Homecoming with decorations
20231007_175315.jpg

The Grand Salle bar at the Met, restored ceiling
20231006_174636.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #178,506  
When my drain pans get to full to comfortably move I just grab an old jug and cut a good sized hole in the open end and use it as a scoop and transfer some to a different bucket. The pump type pans do look handy at times.

/ Good morning!!!! #178,507  
Eeep! We got some snow here today as well. Miserable, rainy weather all day today, and we had to close down the Rental cottage. No fun! Update: another miserable, rainy day, but fortunately the snow that Bill is getting will not stretch down to where we are. Nonetheless, it is too miserable to disconnect the dogs. We’ll have to do that next week. Meanwhile, the power went out at three this morning, and it is still out. ETA is 1 PM today, and the power company sent an email saying it was a tree on the line.

/ Good morning!!!! #178,508  
Morning all!
39 this morning going to 59. Very nice!
Just got back in after a two hour walk about with the back pack blower. Then, I unleashed the beast for another two hours. Even though it mulches as it scoops I still filled it to the brim 3 times!
beast:
IMG_6230.jpg

from this:
IMG_6227.jpg

to this:
IMG_6228.jpg

Time to head to the wood shop for some relaxation.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #178,509  
When my drain pans get to full to comfortably move I just grab an old jug and cut a good sized hole in the open end and use it as a scoop and transfer some to a different bucket. The pump type pans do look handy at times
Emptied it out with scoop and bucket

IMG_2620.JPG