Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #178,421  
Sorry for the loss of your friend!
Morning all!
48 and only going to a cloudy 59 today.
Not sure what I will be doing today. I have two sisters coming for a visit around 10. I'm sure wifey will want to get our 3 mile walk in before that. First cup of coffee is already gone. Will probably make another after posting here.
While we were out antiquing in Maine I bought some sea shells. Thought they would make nice ornaments. I have attached them to the post.
Going to be a cool cloudy week so it looks like I will be spending my time on leaf cleanup. Wasn't much of a show this year. Most of them turned brown and jumped off the tree with little fanfare. I did get a pic of our tree in the back yard that usually is spectacular red.
Not much else going on. Might make a few more ornaments to take with me to the craft show.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
First pic is titled: "Ballerina"
IMG_6156.jpg

I made all of this. Twisted the wire, tied the knot and turned the pieces.
IMG_6174.jpg
IMG_6190.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #178,423  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

32.0F (!) going to upper 50w, sunny all day!

Earliest frost here I think since we moved here — we will have a Gen-U-Wine Indian Summer! Frost before the bulk of the acorns and black walnuts have fallen — WOW!

Colors should really take off now.

Trip with mom was successful, too much stuff to take in one trip (I was downvoted on bringing the trailer… gues who was right again…) so we will do another come April.

Gas was 3.959 in Honesdale PA.

Gas was $2.969 in Sevierville TN at Buc-ees.
IMG_0681.jpeg

They were out of nonEth or I would have tanked up the truck on that at that price — that is 20 cents less than the 10% gas here at home!

pickup was getting 21.5 mpg unladen, 19.8 with the full load (including radial arm saw and table saw on deer carrier) doing 75-ish most of the way.

several pages of posts to catch up on, but first, coffee!

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe productive blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #178,424  
Yes, I started a thread here on the banned words but the list was all just asterisks.

Final measurement on rain this morning: 1.18". enough to soak the grass but not enough runoff to get to the lakes.
I wonder if changing the final ”n” to a “t” is permitted?

/ Good morning!!!! #178,425  
None so far BUT I still have to run the gauntlet in Markham, so I wont count my chickens before they are hatched.

Only got into the one accident and that is part of the reason I am retiring.
Just got back from a three day turn-n-burn, 750+ miles each way, I had forgotten what idiots there are on the road. Multiple instances of jackwagon s cutting from the left lane across to the exit, often across the stripe lines because they waited so long, always in front of trucks, of course more than half the time it was placarded trucks…

I do not envy you.

/ Good morning!!!! #178,426  
It was all luck. wish I had a track loader to dig with, where you can see the front of the bucket. Washing my windows on the cab would help me see better also.. I finally got around to putting the lock and lube on the grease gun. really nice, but had one zerk I could not get, so had to switch it again to get that one on bottom of the hoe pivot.

We are doing our saturday breakfast tomorrow with the gang, so not sure it I'll get any more work done or not. Maybe can work on widening the pad a bit. Still got a bunch of old osb siding from the shed that needs burned, might have a camp fire tomorrow...

also, I mentioned to wife about replacing our blue spruce with a dogwood tree, and she is OK with it.
Lock-n-Lube adapter is a Godsend!

/ Good morning!!!! #178,427  
Yes, it will be crossing directly over us (Annular eclipse). Already planning on getting all the welding masks ready!
Mrs got to watch a partial here in Appalachia. I was still on the road where it was not visible.

/ Good morning!!!! #178,428  
Yeah, I hear 'ya about the cost..... 28 tons cost me just under $500 ---- including the delivery. I'm within 6 miles, so they'll do 2- 14 ton loads for the one delivery charge of $75

Speaking of tires ---- a note of warning-- do not buy Mohave brand tires..... they are on the little car for just over 12 months, about 14k miles. The fronts were down to 3/32, rears at 4/32nds. They have a 40k milage warranty, so they are getting turned in for 60% credit. Went with a different brand with a 65k warranty. Had to be ordered, so sometime next week.
Back in June 11 tons of 57 cost us $800 delivered.🫤

/ Good morning!!!! #178,429  
I miss NT 4.0 SP 2. .

IMO everything after that is bloatware.
computer question
any reason not to update to Windows 11? I'm tired of being harassed by Microsoft to update.
I use Microsoft home and of course they charge me for it annually. Everyone wants to charge
you a fee..