Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #177,261  
Morning all!
Currently 50 going to a sunny 74. Should be a perfect day to go see a bi-centennial parade at our closest city.
No rain yesterday but we did get enough wind to break off a bunch of branches in the yard. Not sure on the damage as I spent most of the day practicing my retirement!
Got the grass mowed this week and managed to turn the compost pile and make a new area for this years leaves. They are already starting to jump off the trees here. Must be due to all the rain we had this year. Speaking of...heavy rain in the forecast for tomorrow! Hope this pattern switches before snow season!
I've been getting up around 4 am my whole life. Wish I could sleep later!
Small project from the woodshop. We needed a new coffee scoop.
Time for coffee number 2.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
scoop3.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #177,262  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

61.7 going to mid 70s, raining since about 3AM supposed to stop after lunch.

got an early start to the day, pit in the autumn vegetables. Beets, chard, fennel, and Choi. I had to bust up the soil with the broad fork, and amend with bag topsoil, chicken manure, lime, etc. then fire up genny and pump to water everything for about an hour, so of course it is raining today!

Friday, Mrs. suggested that I pick up another logging helmet so I can keep one at the house and one at the woodlot instead of trying to remember to bring it back and forth. Went to the tool shop and he had a good sale on chainsaws, so using the same logic I now have a ”big” saw to keep at the house (bigger than my little Efco top-handle, smaller than the 7300) and I won’t have to drag the big saw back and forth, either…
IMG_0562.jpeg
There is quite a noticeable difference using the 5000 versus the 7300 (and it’s 6400 predecessor) that I have been using almost exclusively for the last 7-8 years! It does a good job, especially with that brand new chain, but the step-down in cc’s(not to mention down to a 20’ bar)feels quite different. But it is a much handier overall size for “household” chores, and will be far more capable than the top-handle in case a tree ever comes down across the road or something.

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #177,263  
good morning, 54 going to 66 today hope for rain

The Makita chain saw failed yesterday. The sprocket will not turn even with freshly charged batteries. Got a Fedex warranty return label printed and need to pack it up today for shipping. Wish I had the original box.

Went up the mountain yesterday on small roads and single lane bridges. Nice trip and came across this decorated barn.

IMG_2541.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #177,264  
Finds for today: Coleman camp stove and grandpa's vintage Dearborn propane heater.

Brief shower while we were taking 3 trailer loads full of stuff to the estate sale and a nice .59" of rain at home. Temp was in the upper 80s so we were able to work till we got through with gathering stuff from the remote site.
View attachment 821463
Those ceramic heaters are great!

Coleman looks like a 425 - if you flip the tank over and look at the mounting tabs it should have the month/year it was manufactured.

/ Good morning!!!! #177,265  
Got started an hour late heading south, and it took longer since have to detour because of road closed thru Harpers Ferry.
Got to lot at 12:45. Finished around 3:10. Forgot to look at hour meter. Did mow back some of the tall weed area with deck set to high. Bunch of junk and rocks in here, but could see some so just went easy.
Moved the cell cam to opposite direction , deer seem to approve of the mowing.
Changed batteries in other camera and swap SD card. It was covered in ants again, I took it down to change batteries and wiped ants off. Got bit some. Almost lost the SD card. we were just pulling down thru field and I felt pocket and it wasn’t there. I had taken shirt off to shake grass off and it fell out.
Met neighbor behind me. Nice guy. I have now meet all neighbors. He waited till I was done and drove his tractor down. We probably chatted over 30 minutes. He said he would have stopped other times and talked but didn’t want to interrupt my mowing. I told him to come on down anytime I’m there mowing.
I asked him about putting drive way in from the one he shares with other neighbor, he didn’t care, but said ask her, as that section is on her land. Actually, according to my survey it is partly on my land also.
Left mower on trailer when I got home, too dark to see.
I use old prescription bottles for my cards - makes it harder to lose them individually (but easier to lose them all at once…).

/ Good morning!!!! #177,266  
Goo morning! 68˚F heading to the mid 80s with lots of sun no more rain, but we are very happy with the 1.5" over the last three days. Looks like we start hitting the rainless mid 90s again after today.

/ Good morning!!!! #177,267  
Waiting for someone to forklift a ton of wood pellets, $350 ton. Ouch. Up $50 ton from last year, same place.
I keep hearing that inflation is imaginary…

/ Good morning!!!! #177,268  
good morning all
thermometer says 49, funny how that seems so cold now..........
rain coming in this afternoon so I have a busy day.
need to do my trip foodshopping this morning, and then try to mow the lawn this afternoon before it rains.
being Sunday I won't mow before noon.

Kilroy, I've never seen a Makita 2 cycle chainsaw. Looks well made. Good helmet is smart
what were we told as kids? your eyes don't grow back or something like that...

Frits, sorry yours jammed.
barn pic very neat. Almost wonder if there is some code in the design. Like a nautical morse code
or even a wampum design.

/ Good morning!!!! #177,269  
52F clear sky low 70's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
Plans for today...pickup few branches take back pack blower for hike clean leaves here there from yesterday gusty wind,later on hoping Giants put win together. 🤞

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #177,270  
Good Morning Guys,
47 to start going to 70 ! Later afternoon clouds coming. Yesterday finished mowing the other field so that should do it for most of the mowing this year, other than trimming both sides of the DW on both sides !
Cutting the field yesterday I noticed a couple of dead trees, so may take those down today and bring that up to the back side of the barn for splitting !

Woke up to some turkeys on the north side of the house, perusing our bug population!

Ron, I have my bandsaw and planer on rollers to help save space in the wood shop ! If planning a lot I will wheel the planer over to the back side of the shop and just blow the chips out there and pick up with the tractor ! Seems to work out well unless really cold out !

mpham, beautiful job on the coffee scoop !

Hope all have a blessed and safe day!

Attachments

• IMG_3452.jpeg
    IMG_3452.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44