Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #176,241  
Good Afternoon!!!! 88F @ 12:30PM. Partly cloudy. High 94F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Showers are in the forecast for tomorrow morning, but only 0.07".

Had to be at the DMV first thing this morning to have the VIN inspection redone. After a bunch of paper shuffling they handed me a pair of license plates and a sticker, so I'm good to go in California. Stopped for groceries on the way home, and now I'm good for the rest of the week.

I did look at those compact rivnuts, Paul, but they're still about 8mm too long. So I'm going to make a rubbing of the existing holes and drill the steel plate to match. That'll make six rivnuts anchoring the plate, and it'll just have to be good enough.

I also got the anchors for the cargo net installed, and I'll hang the net once I update the steel plate.

My motorcycle shop friend thinks he might want to haul off the parts Vanagon for his new project. He was planning to cut the nose off, and now wants the back end to make a trailer. I need to keep the carcass around until I get the camper furniture installed in the other Vanagon, and he suggested we team up to get that done a bit sooner than it would otherwise. He's done a couple of these before, and could probably save me quite a bit of time. He'll be here tomorrow morning for another early start and we'll try to figure out what makes the most sense.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #176,242  
SUBARU UPDATE:

Keys were found. No details were forthcoming…

the brake job will be done next week when parts come in.

/ Good morning!!!! #176,243  
Crawled up in the attic....got chimney to attic floor. All I need to do now is cut the concrete walls in the room below and take out maybe four or five more feet of brick.
20230831_125258.jpg
RTV ride to the dead brick pile.
20230831_153907.jpg

Roofer coming over the holiday for the patch.

Yippie.

/ Good morning!!!! #176,245  
Afternoon all!
Wasn't planning on doing much today but putter in the yard and clean up in the wood shop. About 10 am. I got a phone call and my whole day turned to crap!
Cow crap that is:
IMG_5584.JPG

Got two good loads. My back is screaming at me for hand shoveling it all into the pile! Garden will be happy once we turn it in around October.
Got the truck cleaned up and now relaxing till I leave for a meeting at my club for 7 pm.
IMG_5585.JPG

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #176,246  
Wife had a late day Dr. Appointment, so I drove her, then we went to Mission BBQ afterwards. The Hispanic working didn't seem to comprehend english, as the manager kept telling her it was a eat in order, and she kept putting food in To Go boxes. Manager had to go get the food and put it on a tray. Had a guy with Ohio State hat sitting behind me, so spoke with him a couple minutes before leaving.

/ Good morning!!!! #176,247  
got all the trash put out by road
regular can a beast, half the chopped up picnic table in there

large amazon order came in.
two big important corn related items
A Butter Boy applicator, basically a pez machine for a quarter pound of butter.
makes buttering corn much easier and cute for kids
And an Oxo corn scraper.

Local corn on sale tomorrow for holiday, thought I'd stock up, and put some away
for the winter. I think it was six for two dollars, reasonable. Usually 70 cents an ear.

was on my feet all day, kind of worn out.

very pretty day out today, got warmer but felt like low humidity. Actually feel like I got a little sun on my arms, not
necessarily a good thing. I always wear a hat.

Dermatologist just prescribed something special for my head.
a brain tonic I know... :rolleyes:

something called Tolak
topical flourouracil 4% cream
if any of you have those crusty bumps on top of your head, which I have had, and seem
to be getting worse no matter how many times she freezes my head, this is supposed to help.
for treating precancerous and cancerous skin growths by blocking the growth of abnormal cells that create
the skin condition.

40 dollar copay for going out of system and having it formulated and sent from Sanford Florida.
I have to put it on each night.

a little dab will do me.
hopefully

/ Good morning!!!! #176,248  
Good Evening Guys,
It’s kind of cool so good time to get rid of some of these clippings !
Sounds like the heat is coming back in a couple of days !

Have a Great Evening !

Attachments

• IMG_3303.jpeg
    IMG_3303.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
   / Good morning!!!! #176,249  
One of our outdoor chairs had some strap failures, so o got some marine rope and made a new seat:

IMG_3412.jpeg

Harry tried the original

IMG_3414.jpeg

And also the newle - repaired one:

IMG_3415.jpeg

And then wandered off to bark at the chickens, so I have no idea which he preferred.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #176,250