Ken sorry for the loss of your classmate
Bet repair looks great

Good plan to stay out of the way BEF

Never tried marketplace word of mouth works good for me

Have a great day Scott and two bit score

Bears have disappeared deer very plentiful Thomas

/ Good morning!!!! #176,102  
Ken sorry for the loss of your friend!
Morning all! 73 and sunny going to maybe78.
Going to get the grass cut today after I finish going thru years of paperwork getting ready for shredder day at out investment brokers store.
Had a nice coffee visit yesterday with 4 of my 5 sisters able to show up! As usual I ate to much sweets and will pay for it with exercise!
Wife and I are still the same medically. A good thing I guess.
Worked a few projects in the shop. Did a few Christmas ornaments for this years gifts. Also made a large tray out of Walnut and am making a few pens out of apple wood for the family that gave the wood to me. They have more coming in the future.
That's it for now.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
IMG_5536.JPG
IMG_5538.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #176,104  
Good Morning!!!! 67F @ 7:30AM. Abundant sunshine. High near 95F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
We have a fire weather watch starting tonight for Wednesday in the next zone to the west due to high winds and low humidity. Here we go...

So far I've had good luck with FB Marketplace, but the two current ads, one for a trampoline and the other for a souped up swingset, haven't been very helpful. The swingset brought one inquiry from an obvious scammer (broken English, wanted to pay with some kind of e-currency for me to hold it), but insisting on a face-to-face cash deal killed that. I used to have good results on Craig's List, too, but that crowd seems loaded with flakes now. Most recently I bought the box trailer through an ad on FB Marketplace. Really nice guy selling the trailer at a very fair price, exactly as represented in the ad.

Got my prescriptions renewed yesterday, but only for a single 90 day supply. So now the hunt for a new GP down south is on in earnest. The doctor's IT guy is supposed to get me a copy of my medical records, on CD, in two or three weeks. CD? Who uses those anymore?

More fun and games at DMV. All my paperwork was accepted, except the VIN verification that was done at the Santa Maria DMV office. So I have to take the van back to the office in Chico on Thursday for another go.

Stopped by the motorcycle shop with a video endoscope and located the broken long nose Allen screw in the quill. Looks like it comes apart just as you say, Scott, but that's a job for my friend, not me.

When I got back from the last trip I found one of the hummer feeder tops had come off, letting the bottle fall to the ground. I forgot about it, but a visitor last night found it and made a fair bit of noise letting me know...
skunk.jpg

I wasn't about to argue with it at 2AM, and the lights didn't seem to bother it at all.

While I was working on the mill with my friend, we agreed on Friday for him to come over and cut some body metal off the Vanagon parts car. He'll help me get a ceiling panel mounted in the keeper Vanagon first, and he doesn't know it yet, get two motorcycles loaded into the van for another trip south next week.

Tires for that trailer are supposed to show up from Tire Rack today. Until then I'll work on making a plate to hold the two new tie down anchors in the van. I ordered some new anchors on ebay, then someone on a ProMaster list offered to send me a pile of 'em if I paid postage. Cancelled the ebay purchase, as seller couldn't ship for a week or so anyway. "Free" anchors should be here tomorrow.

/ Good morning!!!! #176,105  
I used to have good results on Craig's List, too, but that crowd seems loaded with flakes now.

Stopped by the motorcycle shop with a video endoscope and located the broken long nose Allen screw in the quill. Looks like it comes apart just as you say, Scott, but that's a job for my friend, not me
Good Morning RNG,
:rolleyes:
Thats the word I was looking for, FLAKES !!

Glad you figured out the problem with the miller !

So hooray, hooray the two toddler push cars are gone, and I marked as sold ! Im truly afraid to list any other stuff after all of that !:oops:
But I do have $20 more in my wallet !:)

Attachments

• IMG_7326.jpeg
    IMG_7326.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
   / Good morning!!!! #176,106  
71F and sunny @ 12:00, heading up to around 79F for the day's high. Low temp this morning was 53.8F, high yesterday was 80.2F.

Power was restored around 14:00 yesterday, was a squirrel as I suspected.

Got rest of front mowed yesterday, + most of south, east, and west down here around the house. Also got the compost/wood lot mowed as well.

Should provide at least a couple days of relief from mowing ... :rolleyes:

After that I refilled the hopper and 2 tube feeders + scattered some cracked corn for the ground feeders. Also topped off the nyjer feeder which was getting low.

Woman fixed a couple of bologna, mayo, and tomato sandwiches for lunch.

Woman was back on weeding the northwest planting bed yesterday, hosta doing much better since we got the monofilament fence put up:

IMG_2945 copy.jpg

IMG_2947 copy.jpg

Got it mostly finished up, even this little bit below that was left when I took the pictures above:

IMG_2946 copy.jpg

Several dump cart loads of weeds hauled up to the compost pile, also took Kubota up and dumped the debris I scraped off the bottom of the Cub deck.

After that I put the forks on and moved the pallet with the much on it out to where I could get to it wasier.

Then I pulled the Water Buffalo up from the back and then went and grabbed the Mir-Acid (Miracle Gro for Rhododendrons) and watered and fed the 4 rhododendrons in that bed.

(She was out there this morning - in Her nightgown ... :oops: - spraying the bed edge with glyphosate ...lol ...)

After I finished up the watering and feeding there I was going to move the WB over to the east peach tree and water in the fertilizer that we put down the other day but the Cub was out of gas ... so I ran down to the corner and got another 5 gallons and refueled the Cub when I got back.

Then moved the WB and got the peach tree watered.

Then moved the WB over to the northeast planting bed, which is next on the list as far as watering and feeding goes.

Called it a day after that even though it wasn't quite dark ... but not before heading around back to the garden and picking the first ripe yellow tomato and putting the monofilament fence for the evening.

Woman was off walking with neighbor lady who was out walking her dogs so I threw the bacon She had gotten out into the pan for BLT's.

Used the yellow tomato on the BLT's, was delicious ... ended up having 3 ... :giggle:

Not sure what all on agenda for today.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #176,107  
That really looks nice RS

my two hour stay at H&R Radio was partially successful.
I left thinking fully successful.
Half way home, hit a bump and out goes the back up camera again.
GRRRR
he said all four bolts holding unit down were very loose.
gosh I hope he was smart enough to pull out and reinsert the camera cable connector,
asking for some dielectric grease might be too much.....

and then it turned back on.
I asked for a while I'm here to put some better door speakers in, make this more worth their time.
So they charged me for that and not the other repairs. It was a good deal, if I don't keep getting a no feed
signal. Kenwood head unit sounds much better driving these wider range speakers. Tech cranked it up so loud I had to step way back,
no clipping, I was surprised, more that the amp wouldn't go into nasty distortion. I listen to music quietly if I do.
Brand was Memphis, never heard of them but considerably better than oem.

glad it wasn't me taking off those big door panels. But he said they were easier than most cars,
lots of room to work, and you are standing up
at a comfortable height working.

reminds me, need to go check tire air pressure in right rear again. 71 this morning. s/b 75-80, which then heats up at least 5 degrees when hot

/ Good morning!!!! #176,108  
69°F and .23 inches rain.

Happy Hour was a big success although tempered by 2 absences. Neighbor couple had their senior dog, Kona, pass and chose to grieve. Not sure the breed, but about 100 pounds of love. he was 13.

The other couple, our longest known in the group, about 15 years. Joyce is a couple years older than me, moved here with heart problems and has survived several incidents. This Spring she was diagnosed with breast cancer and undergoing treatment. Now, it has matastasized to her lungs. Terminal but no timeline. This will be really tough on her husband. Jim had one of Kalani’s pups from her 2nd litter. We have known and seen all the grandkids grow. The youngest just graduated college this summer.

On a happier note, Sophie and her sisters had lunch with friends near Phoenix who were our longest friends here before they moved. Met them on the internet as they started building their house about year before us. Wylee is 90 and still going strong, as is his wife. Strange coincidence, they told Sophie he has been cancer free 5 years now. There are numerous old posts here on GM concerning him. I still miss our adventures.

Kinda a piddle around day. Checking what may need attention as this is my last full day on my own. Can’t have Sophie come home tomorrow to shambles, but not perfection, just enough balance she knows she’s not only missed but needed.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #176,109  
Good Evening Guys,
So I’m wondering if any of you guys have tried to sell anything on FB Marketplace ?
Earlier today I listed two toddler push cars. I’ve been texted twice by different people that asked if the items were still available. I said they were and then they asked for my cell number which I thought was Ok to give that out ! Then they say they want to text me a 6 number code. I didn’t see a problem with that , but when they texted me the code 22000, on my phone a message comes up that says this is your Apple ID, do not give this code to anyone ! So if I had texted the number back they would have my Apple ID , along with some other info that I’m pretty sure I don’t want to give out !! Then just a few minutes ago the same thing happens again ! 😳
And all I'm trying to do is sell some inexpensive children toys that the kids have outgrown !
I think it might be easier to just put an add in the paper, with a phone number !! Any thoughts on all of this madness ??
Thanks !!🙏
I've bought and sold on FB marketplace with no issues. I have seen several ads that said not to try and send any code and not to use that automated is it available tag. Of course I also see a lot of ads that will try and include a contact number which it does not allow unless you disguise the number or have it in a picture.

/ Good morning!!!! #176,110  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

67F going to low 80e. started raining/t-storms around midnight and going through to evening, where we might get a break befor starting to get outer band effects from Idalia.

today is an admin day, hav to drive mom to a couple appointments, then we go for our 30-day weigh-in on the diet (I am down about 22#) and maybe a quick shopping run then putter around house until we drop the Subaru off tonight for service tomorrow - car is shuddering with moderate braking over 25mph, hopefully it is just rotors and not bearing runout… because then I would have them do both sides,and while THAT is apart, I would have them do halfshafts… and if we go that far, new pads.

Harry is howling for attention.

have a happy healthy blessed day!
I've had a few vehicles in the last 15-20 years that got to shuddering while braking.
On a few of them it's been after installing new pads on the old rotors. What I found was that the rust on the outer edges of the rotors was creating an uneven thickness on the rotor. Not have a lathe that the rotors would fit in I had started taking my angle grinder and just removing the ridge on the inner and outer sections of the rotors, shutter would disappear with out even changing the pads.