Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #172,001  
good morning all
looks like a nice sunny day up to about 80. Perfect June weather

Popgadget, I used to average about 70 inches of rain down in NC in Inner Banks. Your annual totals are very interesting,
good reason for me to keep watering my newly planted trees and shrubs. The only thing staying wet around here is my drainage ditch.

I bought a new cheap solar powered water fountain for my bird bath when old one failed. Turned out I had to completely take it apart and clear a clog, but the newer one
has the twice the power for two bucks more. So I have this old but somewhat working solar fountain, and water sitting out in the ditch. Hmmmm
next time it fills up, might put the fountain out there and let it float around.

this afternoon I'm going to take out the Gravely, hook up the gravel driveway scraper and go scrape my neighbor's lane. That should be fun.
Four neighbors on that private lane, they were all delighted for me to do it, they have to share lane maintenance and this will preserve their current gravel.
gosh I wish I had one of these as a kid, tending a third of a mile long gravel driveway into the farm, full of potholes. I raked, and raked, and raked. And being the youngest brother, that crap job went to me. So I became the Roadmaster of Rockwood Farm. Later on when I returned to the farm, I had my first Gravely, a 16G, with a mid mounted scraper blade. I would use that on the lane and just sit back and smile. Almost no raking. That blade could be angled, what I'm dragging behind me today is not.
One thing for sure, I am not doing any manual raking today, but if I make a mess.....well I have to clean it up. So not going to go all the way to the sides since I can't angle the gravel back to the middle.
I wish I had kept the mid mount blade but it went with the unit. Then I bought my current used one, took it down to the frame, at some point repowered it, and now need to find work for it to do.

I would borrow Ken's backhoe for my stump, I know he would lend it to me, or use it himself over here, but am afraid of breaking it. It's just a baby backhoe. I think I need a heavier one that will sit on the driveway next to stump. Trying not to wreck the entire area. But Ken, if you want to be the operator, my friend's son has that beautiful equipment trailer I showed earlier, and he will come pick up your tractor no problem. I just don't want to break your machine, particularly since I have zero seat time on back hoe. Honestly easiest thing to do is have local rental place deliver a M62. Not meaning to impugn Ken's beautiful Massey Ferguson, but it's a subcompact and that backhoe I'm sure digs wonderful trenches. But a big stump?

backhoes are like swimming pools. I don't want one but I sure want a friend with one.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,002  
Happy Father's day!
Currently 56 going to a partly sunny 70.
Was a very wet week for us with more in the forecast. Nice not having to water the garden. The squashes are just starting to put out tiny fruits.
Didn't get much done outside so I decided to hook up the new to us pellet stove and put away the 5 tons of pellets. Keeping the wood stove close by incase its needed in the future.
Got to use the tractor to drop the stove down into the cellar and moving the 8 pallets out to my storage area.
Therapy is going good with results finally helping. No other medical issues changed.
Quiet week ahead with small jobs scheduled depending on the weather.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
pelletnew.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #172,003  
no fruits on my squash, Phil you are doing well.

as an old fireman.........three feet from heat source please. You're pushing it with dry wood nearby.
maybe a big decorative metal bucket there, something with metal sides.
does the flue go all the way up or is it tied into the chimney nearby? I see what I think is a clean out door there.
Glad you are feeling better.

some insurance companies have real issues with wood stoves. Always good to make sure your insurer's position on them.

peaceful Sunday morning.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,004  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right “or at least not screw up too badly).

Happy Father’s Day!

49.1F, going to mid 80’s, allegedly no rain until late tonight.

Good day up at the woodlot, Mrs got two rows of radishes planted 25’ long each, plus transplanted the mystery squashes. I cut about 250’ of a new trail with the excavator, it is very crude and root-filled but at least it is opened —- it definitely needs a second pass to neaten things up and get more level and compacted. I would have gone further, since things were going well… until I got a hydraulic leak on the stick. Luckily it was just a compression nut had loosened, but at that point I was almost 4 hours in the seat without a break and I figured that was a sign to knock off for the day.

today will be a car ride after church, Mrs got a referral to a podiatrist about 60 miles away near Asheville, and we want to “dry run” the trip because she has an 8:00am appointment on a weekday, which means we will be in rush-hour traffic, so we can figure out what time we will need to leave the house and add 30 minutes. Plus we won’t be jerkin’ around trying to find the place on appointment day.

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #172,005  
53 wonderful degrees. Seeking 86 and pure sun.

Sodamo, your place is looking best ever...glad the Graco is working well. I use one to spray exterior stain and love it.

Had to run a skunk out of the front yard when I went out to feed the birds at dawn. I yelled at it and it took off down the driveway...I ran after it to see which way it would go...they can really move. I hoped it would cross the road and make it across the field, but it ducked under a cedar along the road and I gave up. I haven't seen a skunk since winter, and always at night. This one did not seem rabid, but a rabid skunk was found in our county about 10 miles away.

Kil, good excuse to go to Asheville. I bet you just wanted to go to Biscuit Head or one of the Breweries.

Happy Father's Day, dads!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #172,008  
58F cloudy mid 60's for high chance showers.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
1.46 rain fell yesterday not even going to attempt mowing high grass areas for while,may take trimmer for short walk tho after check game cams...another putter day.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,009  
   / Good morning!!!! #172,010  
Good morning, 61 going to 83 today, no rain

Did some wood splitting yesterday on the odd oversized pieces. Lot of them were full of knots that the splitter had to chew through. Using the bucket on the tractor to receive splits and then holding it up in a comfortable position for stacking to save the back. Using left arm as much as possible and the shoulder feels fine today. The PT is working but I have to continue to remind myself to respect the limits to avoid hurting it more. Pouring gas from the Jerry can involved lifting it up on platform with left arm and then a tilting pour into a a 2.5 gallon can that I can handle better.

Happy Father's Day