Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #168,391  
Productive day. Lots of $$ spent between shopping and vet.

Pups did well at checkup, Dr said both looked excellent, weighed in at 72 & 78.5 lbs. Let them talk me into a blood work up on Kekoa as he’s getting older, which also came out great. Add in a years worth of Heartworm preventative and bill came to over $500. Hope someone loves me that much.

After lunch got a full truckload off to the dump.

Later my neighbor came up to weld my flail mower fix. I’ve likely mentioned welding is not one of my better skilsets, so didn’t take much to ask his assistance. I suspect the rods for my arc welder are likely over exposed to moisture. I do have a Lincoln 135 wire welder but I soon learned that the wire has badly corroded to the point it doesn’t feed. Probably due to not being used in more than 5 years.
Neighbor showed up with 2 welders, A Miller 175 and Forney 140. 1st choice was to use the Miller as it is 220v and thought we’d get better penetration. After getting it set up with the flux core, it didn’t work, apparently the trigger switch had gone on vacation. We changed the flux wire back to the 140. Initial attempts were promising, then I realized that the generator was in Eco mode. Once switched to full on it did great.

Kinda a bonus, work was done in my new area. Light was great and wind protection. I’d not envisioned this as a work area but am pleased to be surprised.

Having seen this MIG process I’m more anxious to get my 135 into readiness and available for quick repairs. Neighbor also thinks I can salvage my exits rods by heating. I’m also thinking vac sealing both my wire and rods between use may be a feasible approach.

Tomorrow I hope to install repaired part.
Vac sealing sounds like an awesome idea, and I may try that with my 3D printer spools - THANKS!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #168,392  
good Saturday morning all
78 and rain starting this afternoon, supposed to be a half inch or more.

I have been putting off doing office paperwork too long, need to organize, long overdue

the contacts on the existing tail light assembly were really corroded. In case a new replacement is vaporware, I did clean off the contacts with emery paper
and DeOxit. Might try to put old one back together, a basic Humpty Dumpty job. Lamp assembly still works

this morning's project is to figure out why Gravely is running so poorly. New plugs were immediately drenched in gas, need to make sure choke is shutting off all the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1719 (1).JPG
    IMG_1719 (1).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
   / Good morning!!!! #168,393  
Morning all! 45 going to a rainy 58.
Yesterday was a perfect day to get some work done. Made a quick trip to the lumber stores and picked up some wood to get the over 30 year old deck repaired. Spent about 5 hours removing and replacing rotten boards with new!
Was nice actually working again!
My older body didn't like it much. Had to stop and needed wife's help to pick up the tools.
IMG_4576.JPG
IMG_4577.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
Will be back at it this morning to try and get all the mess cleaned up before the rain comes. Still more to do but will have to wait on the weather.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #168,395  
Good morning, the low is 40 and the high to 48°F. Wind NE 8 mph. Periods of rain.

A dump/town run is on for today.

The bushings in the rear of the Dodge that were supposed to be replaced didn't need it. They were just loose. On the frame hoist they looked bad, but when put on the wheel hoist they were okay and the hardware was loose. Bonus for me, saved me about $500.oo
I got the garbage trailer and the V-plow both moved (one at a time), grabbed a couple of 4x4s to put across the top rails of the trailer then a small skid on top and the plow on top of it all. That also makes for a good working height for me. Zero stooping. We did have some larger skids here but they are rotten.

Everything is cleared off for the pit run that is supposed to be here either Monday or Tuesday.
It is 1/2 load season, but I can't help that. This is when I have the money, so this is when the work gets done, 1/2 load or no 1/2 load.

You guys/gals stay safe

/ Good morning!!!! #168,396  
43F cloudy 5-10mph wind low 50's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
Plans for today...quick trip to town for goodies,help Mrs. prep her new 10'x20' flower box...should be interesting,than see what the day offers.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #168,397  
Very cloudy this morning 60 outside rain very close now still saying three quarter of inch

I have used rock auto before very satisfied

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #168,398  
What do you dislike most about your machine (other than wanting a bigger one)?
It is slow driving it to another location. That is the same for all mini x machines. If you need it further away you need to trailer it.
Wish it had longer boom reach which goes with wanting bigger machine. Somewhat difficult to climb into cab.
Use it to push over trees and dig up tree stumps and does that well. Again bigger machine would do it even better and faster. Also pick up piles and stumps and branches it does really well. Can lift long trees and transport lenghtwise without cutting up the tree.
Changed the thumb to one better for lifting trees. Have the regular digging bucket I think 18 inch and a 36 inch bucket. and that has worked well. Wish I had the swivel 36 inch bucket to ditch clean up. Wish it had the 6 way blade which is good for working slopes. Need more comments let me know

/ Good morning!!!! #168,399  
One thing I forgot to mention is that the Kx33-4 use the diesel engine that does not need pollution controls which was why I did not go bigger when I got it. The complications of emissions crap they put on the diesels is something to avoid if you can.

/ Good morning!!!! #168,400  
It is slow driving it to another location. That is the same for all mini x machines. If you need it further away you need to trailer it.
Wish it had longer boom reach which goes with wanting bigger machine. Somewhat difficult to climb into cab.
Use it to push over trees and dig up tree stumps and does that well. Again bigger machine would do it even better and faster. Also pick up piles and stumps and branches it does really well. Can lift long trees and transport lenghtwise without cutting up the tree.
Changed the thumb to one better for lifting trees. Have the regular digging bucket I think 18 inch and a 36 inch bucket. and that has worked well. Wish I had the swivel 36 inch bucket to ditch clean up. Wish it had the 6 way blade which is good for working slopes. Need more comments let me know
Thank you!

do you have hydraulic/manual QA? Or pin-on?

right now, I am not worried about a bigger machine, as my current excavator is the Mark I Model I Armstrong Earth Mover:

8508F5FB-5B79-4333-977F-DEB794849544.jpeg