Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,351  
Good Afternoon.
A bit late checking in, has a quick trip to Ashland, Ohio this morning.
It was about 32 when I left this morning. Warmer now, but windy. It was over 30kts at the airport when I got back to Philly.

Had a quick lunch at Mission BBQ on the way home and got a speaker glued up before checking in.
IMG_1290.jpg

I think I’m going to go to HD and get a door sweep for the door from the garage into the house. There is a good breeze under that door when the overhead doors are open and the wind is out of the north. (Like today).

My table saw is a Powermatic 66, probably approaching 50 years old. It’s a 3hp, 3 phase with a 10” blade. Still works flawlessly. I have had it for about 40 of those years, I bought it at an auction at an elementary school.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,354  
good morning all
looks like our weather here will warm up nicely for next three days, sure has been windy
31 going up to 46 in sun today.
Lot of snow up North, guys have fun with it and be careful.

PJ, good to hear from you, sorry for your loss, hope the near future is brighter.

while several of you are contemplating table saws, I spent time with the Highland woodworker catalog while
"communing" this morning, and those SawStop models really look attractive. But expensive. I know they use them in local schools for safety.
Most of the good table saws are hernia producers to move, better take an equipment mover with you.

need to go food shopping this morning, and then home to start loading clothes and some food into rv. Refrigerator gets turned on Friday, takes a day to get cold.
Installed the hdmi wall plates yesterday, well one of them, that went ok but still needs some fussing. At least it all worked when I fired it up.
Installed the cabling grommets, and that worked fine, though I had to order some furniture repair/coloring sticks to touch up the edges.
I'll finish the job when I'm someplace a lot warmer next week.

not happy to find that rv hot water heater had been left on propane, and was running constantly, which I figured out how to turn off. That wasted some gas, so will need to
fill up rv at one of my stops. Many rv campgrounds sell propane which is a good thing. Normally once plugged in to full power will use electric to heat the water.
I did get in the little 5 pound propane tank, just the right size for my portable barbecue grill. Easy to pick up and store. Seemed like a better idea than buying disposable one pounders.

slow waking up.
About 25 years ago I picked up a 10# tank for camping and canoeing, and it also “lived” in my trunk for a number of years and i was the “Cookout Hero” multiple times at other peoples houses when their bbq died, and I could keep it going while someone made a mad scramble to get a refill 😂🤣

/ Good morning!!!! #166,355  
stock market is abysmal
instead of buying 4% CD's, I took 20 grand and bought a motorhome.
Textbook case of appreciating asset vs depreciating...

read a good investment quote today:
As Warren Buffett has been known to observe, only when the tide goes out do you see who’s been swimming naked.
We have been slowly converting paper into tangible over the past year. Bought the woodlot, the tractor, accessories, tools, consumables, etc. I really don’t want it see us with Three Rocks banknotes, but so many people have their heads in the sand (and other places) . . .

what’s that other old saw? Those who do not study history are condemning we who do to dragging us down with them. . .

/ Good morning!!!! #166,356  
44F with bright sunshine @ 16:00, that was/is the high for the day. Snow pretty much all gone at this point.

Tomorrow's high will approach 60F ... (y)

Put the new wire squeeze clamps on the blast gate manifold last night.

Finished cleaning off the radial arm saw table. Downloaded manual for it onto my phone (already had a copy on the desktop) It mostly works but could use a little TLC, cutting head is a little stiff rolling on the carriage among other things.

More sanding done on router table fence.

Found another section of 2 x 4 out in the garage which I got cut to length, only one to go.

More clean up and sorting/storing of wood.

Agenda for the rest of the day:

Run over to barn and check live trap. Take that pretzel 2 x 4 back over when I go and see if I can find another decent one.

Refill hopper feeder.

Get list of all plywood panel parts needed for woodworking bench out of CAD program.

Layout holes for for threaded inserts on bottom board for table legs and get those drilled and installed. Probably will do a little experimenting on some scrap wood to see how that goes. Will need to grab a specific drill bit (15/32) from up in the shop for this task. Hopefully I'll be able to find it ... ;)

Figure out how I'm going to cut out the dados in the 4 x 4's for the 2 x 4 cross braces.

Hope everyone is having a great Hump Day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #166,357  
Afternoon all! Looks like we got around 30 inches total. Now we are fighting 50 mph wind gust!
Cleanup wasn't to bad except the ground isn't froze and I will have lot's of lawn repair to do in the spring!
At least the long term forecast shows sun and above freezing for the next week or so. Should help the banks go down.
This is a pic of the mess from just this storm.
IMG_4259.JPG

It doesn't show how bad it really is. At least we haven't lost power so far! Hopefully won't!
Waiting for Thomas and Nh to report in.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,358  
I tested positive on both Abbot and IHealth home test and my wife tested negative on IHealth, she has no symptoms, so I had strong confidence in the test. The Dr. visit was a tele-visit and he prescribed Paxlovid, but after reading the side effects, arg. Felt bad this morning better this afternoon, the fever's high was only 100.4. Still can smell everything. my ribs are sore from coughing, no lung congestion. My wife had to go to two stores before she found some cough medicine. Hope to be back to normal by Monday. Hydrate hydrate hydrate. The contractors are framing the porch getting it ready to be screened in. Good day for them, 72˚ partly sunny.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,359  
Phil, that's a lot of snow. Send some to Buppies, he has the itch for a couple inches.... ;)

changed the filter in the rv a/c unit, it wasn't too bad but not much of a filter. One I put much thicker.
am very pleased with job they did shoehorning that toilet in this spot, had to cut the back wall.
I installed some shelves in shower and along with new remote control auto rain shutdown vent I installed, that will be a wrap
for the bathroom. Not much of it...

Don, so sorry the crud has gotten you. Hope meds help you quickly.

Attachments

• IMG_1598 (1).JPG
    IMG_1598 (1).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1597 (1).JPG
    IMG_1597 (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1594 (1).JPG
    IMG_1594 (1).JPG
    3 MB · Views: 55
   / Good morning!!!! #166,360  
Forgot to post pix of my latest headache:

11C37A40-A202-4BE1-BD83-1D67166D2AB1.jpeg
CA3A59C6-6BCE-48C2-BAA5-A3E3D2C88F06.jpeg

the wheels won’t come off. I guess the previous owner either never had them off before, or, if he did, he put them back on dry. . .