Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,971  
In USA Aviation uses ˚C,
In the USA grocery store uses liter. (As in a liter of coke-a-cola)
Tools are metric and standard.
Short Races are given in kilometers (10K race) but long races are given in miles (hotter than hell100 mile bike race or Marathon is 26.2 miles.)

Any other instances of mixed measurements in the USA that we use to confuse foreigners?
The Brits still use both systems daily.
I saw regular gas yesterday at a Poco Loco station for $2.24.
You'd have to be a little crazy to buy there!
All nine hens decided that they were going to sleep out on the roosting bar in the covered run instead of the coop. I hope they enjoyed waking up in 25F weather! I haven’t gone out and checked then yet, but i can hear some screaming because they want their morning birdseed, and I have to reload pellets in the feeders.
We lost our oldest chicken, not sure how or where, but she was mean to the young hens. I don't miss her.
The young hens have been staying on the roof of the coop. Not sure why they won't go inside at night. It was mid 30's the night before.
Good morning! 33 now, high is supposed to be 41 today. Basically drizzled of and on all day yesterday. Did almost nothing outside.

Wife is going to a retirement luncheon for one of her former co-workers today. Not sure what I will get into as I start another lap of the sun. No doubt something.

The forecast does look a bit cool for next weekend!

Sucks about the tooth Drew. I have had oral surgery a couple of times for prior work that didn’t go as planned.

Everone stay safe out there!
Happy Belated birthdays Rich and David. I hope for plenty more trips around the sun for the both of you.
My wife just expects me to fix what ever is broken, and buy whatever I need to fix it.
I had a batch of fence repairs to do, with a lot of post replacement and new gates I said that I wasn’t going to do it with the 3Pt digger, it kills my neck looking out the back, and it doesn’t do well in our shale with no down pressure. When I pointed out that I could get a fence company to come in and do everything for what a loader mounted hydraulic auger would cost, as simply said “but then you wouldn’t have the hydraulic digger”.
There is a reason that we have been together almost 50 years. And the fence work is done, and I have a hydraulic auger……..
My wife is very thankful that I can repair things, saving us money that we don't have to pay repairmen.
Just do this:
View attachment 774953
I found out it's easier to just put it on piece by piece than as a complete unit.
I tried the 'just screw it into the ground' storage idea.... NEVER again! I had to dismantle it anyway to get it hooked back up!

I have heard of hanging them from chains.... either on a tree or on a wooden frame, or rafters in a barn. I don't like keeping attachments outside.
I have a large post oak that leans a little. It has a large branch about 9' off the ground. I can back the tractor and PHD under it, and hang it with a long motorcycle tie down strap. It just sits there dangling waiting for its next usage. The dangling makes it so easy to re-connect, it holds up the weight while I just have to put the pins in and stab the pto shaft.
Hah! Those dumb clucks all decided to sleep out on the roost bar again. I guess when we get into consistent low 20sF and below I will manually throw them into th coop. I got one of those rubberized hook-tangle-free fishing nets, just in case. . . 😂🤣😂
I thought about grabbing them and throwing them in the coop too. I have a ceramic heater, that just screws into a light bulb socket. I use the thin aluminum type reflector to keep the element from touching anything. It uses 60 watts and will keep the coop cozy.

8 more sleeps until Christmas day.

Mostly, how was that shrimp Newburg? It sure sounded good.

USPS stole a Visa card my sister had sent for my kids. Nothing yet from post office, they say to contact Amazon. Amazon says its the USPS fault. They wrote "this was opened" before they delivered it to our home.

Bitcoin is like a large school of bait fish in the ocean, darting one way and then the other way...all the while the predators just swoop in and take their fill....until the whole school is gone.
I personally hope all fake money gets out lawed. It is a part of the root of all evil.

HNN is gone. My buddy misses "his" Robin in the mornings. He's had a crush on her for decades.

Work is going good. Still busy with a very full plate. We have a room full of old machinery and we want to update it. Things move differently in a big system. That's for sure. But I met a nice fellow who has another shop in a different building, and he would like 3 out of 4 of the machines I'm moving out. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I haven't had time to get anything done at home when it gets dark and cold outside, I lose motivation. My workday doesn't leave me much spare time. Leave at 6:30am get home 6:30pm.

We are going to Katy Texas today, a suburb on the west side of Houston. Visiting family. Not sure what is on the menu.

Prayers for our whole team, our nation, and for peace around the world.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,972  
Good morning to all! Low of 6°, now up to 26° at 10:00. Going up to 35° for the high. No precip expected, winds just breezy.

Started early this morning helping the wifey prepare some meals we are going to take up to Colorado. ---- I'm the quality control inspector and the cleanup committee. 2 roasted chickens and a large tin tray of baked mac done, now she's going to bake 2 pound cakes.

Then, the wifey is going to make me presentable..... going to get all the hairs cut.... including those oddballs growing in weird spots.... like one long hair on the earlobe??? Oh.. and the curly one on the eyebrow---- I call that one my built in GPS antenna. I guess I should probably take the clippers to my facial scruff, followed by a razor..... it's been about a month....

Then gather what we're taking on the trip and keep it consolidated until packing the car tomorrow morning. We decided to leave then instead of driving in the dark tonight.

Paul, I wish I was closer..... I would stop for some of that fantastic looking brisket! Nice smoke ring and crust! I have never had a successful smoke of a brisket. I think I just don't smoke / cook them long enough.

Fritz, nice tasty breakfast! Looks good!

Drew, not sure if you would like to have a white Christmas or not.... either way, I hope you get what you're wishing for.... I would take a white Christmas any day.... Enjoy your lunch with friends.
Taking it apart and putting on. It is stored between legs of shelves to store things like 72” mmm. Not as nice as your storage. But out of the way so I do not trip over it.
I have way too small of a shop / storage area. I would definitely be tripping over it or at least causing some bruising if I didn't get it out of the way. I was originally thinking of a dolly like BEF, but don't have the floorspace anymore.

Wng, we don't exchange 'gifts', but still get little 'somethings' for each other's stockings. When either of us "need or want" something, we just get it .... then it will be a happy birthday or a merry Christmas---- whichever is closer on the calendar.

Time to move on to the next item on the list.....
Everyone have a great weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,973  
Good morning to all! Low of 6°, now up to 26° at 10:00. Going up to 35° for the high. No precip expected, winds just breezy.

Started early this morning helping the wifey prepare some meals we are going to take up to Colorado. ---- I'm the quality control inspector and the cleanup committee. 2 roasted chickens and a large tin tray of baked mac done, now she's going to bake 2 pound cakes.

Then, the wifey is going to make me presentable..... going to get all the hairs cut.... including those oddballs growing in weird spots.... like one long hair on the earlobe??? Oh.. and the curly one on the eyebrow---- I call that one my built in GPS antenna. I guess I should probably take the clippers to my facial scruff, followed by a razor..... it's been about a month....

Then gather what we're taking on the trip and keep it consolidated until packing the car tomorrow morning. We decided to leave then instead of driving in the dark tonight.

Paul, I wish I was closer..... I would stop for some of that fantastic looking brisket! Nice smoke ring and crust! I have never had a successful smoke of a brisket. I think I just don't smoke / cook them long enough.

Fritz, nice tasty breakfast! Looks good!

Drew, not sure if you would like to have a white Christmas or not.... either way, I hope you get what you're wishing for.... I would take a white Christmas any day.... Enjoy your lunch with friends.

I have way too small of a shop / storage area. I would definitely be tripping over it or at least causing some bruising if I didn't get it out of the way. I was originally thinking of a dolly like BEF, but don't have the floorspace anymore.

Wng, we don't exchange 'gifts', but still get little 'somethings' for each other's stockings. When either of us "need or want" something, we just get it .... then it will be a happy birthday or a merry Christmas---- whichever is closer on the calendar.

Time to move on to the next item on the list.....
Everyone have a great weekend!
Hoping you would take a few pictures on the way up to Colorado We still recall the area when we lived out there and miss the dessert and mountains.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,974  
Afternoon all!
Cleanup is finally done. 6 inches of heavy wet slop! Couldn't push it with the plow. I had to switch to the bucket and blower.
All 3 driveways were done just in time for the sun to come out and melt the remaining.
Rest and relax will be in the cards till Monday. Then we will get ready for an expected round 2! Wife is still coughing and can't talk. Might need to visit doc again. Doesn't seem to be getting better with the meds she was given.
Time for a nap!
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,975  
Was working at the Four Corners Power plant located on Navajo Nation land and we traveled the area and loved it

/ Good morning!!!! #160,976  
About crummy customer service, take heart. There is a new AI that is knocking peoples socks off. Just a matter of time till the human deadbeats can go on unemployment. As an aside how many people would rather draw welfare than work?

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #160,977  
Hoping you would take a few pictures on the way up to Colorado We still recall the area when we lived out there and miss the dessert and mountains.

Here’s a good song about southern Colorado. I’ve meet this singer a couple times.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,978  
About crummy customer service, take heart. There is a new AI that is knocking peoples socks off. Just a matter of time till the human deadbeats can go on unemployment. As an aside how many people would rather draw welfare than work?

Chris
They likely already left the employment because the people I have dealt with were located in India, Pakistan, Philippine and other overseas places and answering the calls as if they are here

/ Good morning!!!! #160,979  
30F and cloudy @ 14:30, radar shows some snow showers in the area but not seeing it here right at the moment. Calling for a high of 33F today.

We got probably around an inch of snow overnight, ground now largely covered but you can still the grass peeking through.

Weather guessers calling for a HIGH of only 12F on Christmas Eve Day ... :oops:

Have not gotten the driveway markers installed yet and it's not looking too good for getting them in, given the current forecast (cold temps with lows well below freezing) The Syngenta Greencast is still showing the soil temp here slightly above freezing though (33F), so maybe if I don't screw around and put it off too long I might get them in. Nah ... probably not ... :LOL:

Was thinking I really could use a work bench over here in the house (where it's warm ... :giggle: ) and was kind of planning on building something out of plywood. Then I realized that I have that old kitchen table top that I rescued from the neighbors that is missing legs over in the pole barn.

It's solid wood (glued/laminated together) ... maybe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 thick ?

If I get smart and build it at the right height, could probably double as an outfeed table for the table saw ... seems like adjustable feet might be a good idea ... :unsure:

Agenda for the rest of today:

Refill hopper feeder, probably suet feeders as well.

Feed the fishies.

Check efflorescence on wall downstairs and see if it needs additional treatment.

If not, maybe get the first sheet of foam board glued up and braced.

Work on freeing up those supply/stop valves.

Work on getting gladiolus corms prepped and put into storage.

Plus whatever else comes up.

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable Saturday ... (y)