Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,671  
Good evening all. 50ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze, some fog. Light to moderate wind, overcast with fog, high temp was 55ºF. Putter this morning till bike ride, then trip to town for lunch groceries and Christmas lights to repair wife's favorite Christmas decoration. Helped wife make tart cherry pie for potluck. Nap then to Chapel Quarterly meeting with potluck supper. Pic was Dad's work slide rule, his college one is falling apart, paint is peeling up.
Helogabal interesting perspective.
Bird older brother was finishing up when I started college , he said let's go halves on the TI calculator, When he was done with it a year later I could but same calculator new for same amount I gave him.
Ron glad you got to facetime with GGD. Neat story on neighbor, you must have a clean tractor. Sorry about mice getting in. Holes can be really small. Once SR-10 calculator came out college transitioned to calculators quickly. Still have 2 of Dad's slide rules. Nice bluejay
Bill stay warm conserving energy.
Drew I always enjoyed a white Christmas, rare in STL, even rarer here in Texas. Hope snow blower works better this year.
Billy your tree story reminded me of when wife used pickup to get tree. Tree must have bee near 16FT tall, ceiling peak was about 13ft, so a little trimming to get it to fit, ran out of ornaments 2/3 way up, we still kid her about it. Hope decorating it was fun.
Buppies sorry about wet gray day. prayers sent.
Bird most people around hear do not run light dusk to dawn. may be the same there.
Frits not sure what all the scales on Dad's slid rules are. Took me 5 minutes to work out what scale used for multiplication/ division :( Saw the fusion news report, laughed at statement would be getting electricity in 10 years.
NHBX hope no wind damage, sorry so many drivers have no memory of how to drive in snow.
Drew glad you could find handy man, not enough of those around here.
Ken good to no regression yet, sorry feeling better is so slow.
RNG hopefully rain will continue. I had a HS class on slide rule, we did not get into trig or log functions, colleges were starting to allow calculators on tests anyway. Glad touring bike maintenance catching up. Sorry about security gateway issue, hope you can find problem.
Jim(IXLR8) welcome to GM thread. Good luck with leaf control.
Ted sorry about wind. Will any snow hang around with 400 mph winds? sorry you are having trouble finding a vehicle also.
David hope you got the dog's area mowed, beef stew for in-person happy hour sounds great.
Mark hope saw works out for you.
Frits sad commentary on people that you and family had to go through that.
Don have not resealed granite tops.
Jim thanks for explaining you screen name.
RS sorry about the priority change, improving kitchen does results in more eats :). Hope progress continues.
Don good catch on the safety switch. Is that the tape fix lower right corner :)
Buppies glad you are getting sun, hope you got outside and took a walk or something.
Ted glad winds backed off before much snow fell. Enjoy your snow.
Thomas nice snow. Get more seat time if plow now and plow at second storm :)
Randy(wag) good to hear cleaning progress.
Bill ready to plow?
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Roy /passed away, /wife ankle,recover from getting sick, Don /brother medical procedure, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, /wife's pain, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes and fall, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou / eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /coughing, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

Attachments

• 20221212_221725.jpg
    20221212_221725.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
   / Good morning!!!! #160,672  
Morning all!
Currently 16f going to 30's. Got our first snow yesterday. About 3 inches I would guess. Tractor had a hard time turning over. Battery is showing red in the little gauge window. 6 years isn't a bad run in this cold. Broke the plow lift chain on one side. Luckily I could still finish the cleanup with the other chain. Got that fixed later in the day.

Wife has some kind of chest cold sore throat going on. Not sure what we will be doing today other than her resting and me keeping the stove going. Maybe get a rubbish run in and remove the battery and go find a new one. Will look online for a good price first.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,673  
good morning all
cold morning, 25 going up only to 41 today

Phil, hope wife feels better. My brother and his wife locally have the same chest cold and have felt miserable.
Must be a run on cough drops going on.

no plans for today other than visiting MIL in nursing home, finally back in her own apartment. I have a box of chocolates to take to her.

Mostly, tart cherry pie, yum yum with a little vanilla ice cream

/ Good morning!!!! #160,674  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 28° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 35° with mostly cloudy skies. Promised sun shine never showed up yesterday. So I spent most of the day making a batch of spaghetti. Then put it into individual containers. Have not had any since freezer died.
Gave a Sassy a bath after I found where she was hiding.
Spent 3 hours on phone trying to get Amazon and Chase to correct a billing error. When I finally got ahold of the right person it took less than 5 minutes to correct. So many people can only read what is on the screen in front of them. Which depends on putting correct question into the computer. Anytime I have to make one of these calls my BP goes way up. It actually took 5 different calls. Had to hang up on 3 of them.
Took this picture at a sharp angle through thermo pane window. Always come out a little foggy.
iPzQi4N.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,675  
Ron, that's a great pic, you can see all the individual feathers.
please keep taking those bird pics, we are all hooked on them.
I send some of your pics to my sister. She has about ten feeders out her window in CA.

need to take the screens out of several windows, never open them anyway, wash the windows, and finally get a decent
camera view of the feeders here.

based on your success I bought a suet cake and put it in one of the feeders. They don't seem to like it...not very pecked at yet.
the old standby sunflower seeds really seem to be the local favorite. I use some cheaper feed with millet in it for ground birds, but that tends to
pile up and rot.

we have a couple of high end bird supply retail shops locally. Thought I might go find one bag of fancy seed to treat the birdies for Christmas.
For sure will put the expensive seed in feeder with full squirrel protection. If there is such a thing.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,676  
38 going to 43. Never got the sunshine promised yesterday. Maybe a bit today. Heavy rain and maybe a little ice Thursday.

Thomas, nice to have deer come in nice and calm like that.

IXLR8, just can't beat good crabcakes. I often take my mom a box of Phillips crabcakes I buy at Costco. She told me earlier this month she heard they closed their Ocean City restaurant, so she was surprised to see they were still making them for sale.

Buppies, I'd like to place an order for a White Christmas here, okay?

Kyle, hope you and family are doing well...busy in your new job, I'm sure.

Don, nice legs. 😁

Placed the light carefully on the tree yesterday, and then cut a nice load of firewood, enough to fill my carryall wood box that I drop off at the splitter. I'm not looking forward to trying to start that finicky engine. I forgot to give it a warm-up run back on a warm day.

If Eric would come back, he'd say only 12 sleeps until Christmas.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,677  
Good morning all, New day and colder at 27 going to 40 later. Sleet ice on the way Thursday

Heading up to Mechanicsburg early this morning with the sprinter. Seems like a long way to go for service but it is a dealer that I trust to do the right thing. Which is something to hold on to these days besides they have a very nice waiting area with fireplace etc. Not sure if we have to leave it there or they can repair while waiting. We will see.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,678  
34 this morning high in 40s after lunch tough to get anything done

Maybe some ice tomorrow not much cold is coming and it’s going to be hard to deal with

Doing what I can wngsprd next week going to be rough weather wise coldest Christmas in years

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #160,679  
Good morning, the low temp is 8 and going to a high of 18°F. Wind calm. A mix of sun and cloud. The snow is coming.
Just took a peek at the Wunderground map for Cadillac, MI. The snow is coming.

I haven't seen any snow birds hanging around yet, so we wont be getting much if we get anything at all.

Tractor is all fuelled up. I generally don't refuel until it gets down below 1/2 tank. I am itching to try out the V plow and back blade combination. I should be able to take out 8' in one swipe.

Today is an energy conservation day.

When I had the crud that is going around, I wasn't interested in food and coughed my azz off. That was back at the beginning of October. Took me a full month to get over it. Now in December I wake up with a stuffed up head. I have Dristan nasal mist for that. Seems to work good for me.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #160,680  
I have a BP cuff here by my desk. I can just see Ron on the phone with his cuff on, the numbers constantly rising as he gets put on hold for the sixth time.

I have to call Comcast and stop my tv service. Means returning equipment to a place not very close by. Made the decision a month ago, I don't watch tv and with all the internet streaming
abilities out there now, I see that 200 dollar a month bill and shake my head. I only need internet and that's 50 bucks tops. Have both Comcast and FIOS run next to house.
Probably should start comparing them.

coldest Christmas and 4.69 a gallon heating oil. Not a good combo