Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,031  
40 going to 54. Woodstove has been getting a good workout this week.

BEF, sorry you're ill. But congrats on your retirement. You'll be able to enjoy your trips much more without the pressure to get back for work...like when you visit your dad, or go to the Virginia land.

RNG, your trip sounded like fun. Like BEF, I'm a big lover of maps, so I checked out the many places you went...sort of rode along.

Ken, hope wife is better, and Happy Birthday to her!

Scaredy, sorry about your situation. Prayers it will resolve positively.

I've had a full week already of MIL birthday party, mountain hiking, hunting with oldest son, and roasting coffee. Middle son coming to visit tonight.

Did anyone get snow yesterday from this storm? We got 38F rain.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,032  
Morning all!
35 with rain going on. Sander came to put dirt on the street around 2 am. Small hint of snow on the grass and walk. Pretty much will all be melted before we do anything today.
Wife is headed to her part time job and I might head to Harbor Freight for some sand paper and more clamps.
A few domestic duties to take care of this morning but first it's my time for surfing the net and enjoying my 2 cups of coffee!
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,033  
Dennis, as far as the impact of EV's on our lives, all I know is follow the money.
when they started allowing the trading of carbon credits to allow polluters to keep on polluting,
I came to conclusion playing field is rigged.

When I throw veggies in the pan to cook, I want to know where they came from. what fuel was used
to create the electricity I'm using in my morally perfect Tesla or Ioniq 5?
Did it come from the steam power plant down the River in Trenton NJ still burning coal or fuel oil?
Or did it come from my own solar panels? And who made those panels and where?

I read a lot of car magazines online. The entire industry is in a race to bring out more EV's, EV SUV's I'm sure.
Problem is these cars are too expensive for the majority of our population. And they sure don't work well for road trips.
But around town, they are our future. In ten years, lot less ICE cars out there. If you have a garage, you'll be putting a charger in it.

We need to be careful or the Chinese will start bringing in their $30K EV's.
We really should not be enabling/promoting a whole slew of new cars that can get to sixty in 3 seconds.
Lot of folks don't have the skills to handle that kind of power. Anything that can get to sixty in under five seconds
is a fun want, not a need. And we are giving folks huge tax credits to buy them, when our country is a trillion dollars in debt.

I would not want to own a fleet of diesel trucks right now. You could almost buy a case of cheap scotch and pour that in...
exhaust would smell better I'm sure

2 cups of coffee and a trip to Harbor Freight, a fine morning Phil.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #159,035  
32 outside this AM, wood stove started up yesterday. Nice and toasty this AM in the house, with a good crispy sound to the lawn out back. LOL.

Hope all are well.

Wife and daughter in need of some work. Praying for wife, the dreaded "oncology" will be present is looming. Daughter looks like she will need a complete rebuild of back. So it will be up in NY like a few years ago with wife.

BIL and FIL still recovering from hurricane. FIL admitted to ER twice, once in FLA, again here in MD. Old, not thinking right, and stress. Mostly not thinking right adding to stress, not just for him, but e v e r y o n e. Need to keep my mouth shut as he has no idea what everyone else is dealing with. Old, self centered person.

Not much progress on the projects around here. Milk house is "hot". Not happy with the power line entrance though to the panel. I wanted it in the wall as much as possible. Electrician ran the pipe and wire right up to the panel height. So I have a nice pipe sticking six or more feet above ground, next to the building. Am I complaining, yes. I specifically told them what I wanted, and in the darkness of the work, I missed it. Heck, just getting someone out here was too much of an effort. And the prices are just unreal. Now that the building has its own run, I can resume taking over the work myself. I did manage to get in the attic and cleaned out the old electrical and squirrels. That was fun. Next step is more wiring and starting to think about plumbing. Plumbing will require a jack hammer or a lot of cutting and digging. LOL.

Hard to believe the holidays have approached. Time flies.

Looks like better days ahead.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,038  
Prayers sent for wife and daughter riptides

35 high of 41 very windy not conducive to paving. 1.25 in of rain yesterday never got above 35. Ground is now soaked but grass still green

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #159,040  
In bed. Lesley blabbing on phone for the last hour, no end in sight. LOL..
Went to the Dr the other day and I have to get a CT scan of lower back. Was about to book in and the Hospital rang and said I have to come in Monday for the hand operations. So CT will have to wait a bit.
Op consists of carpal tunnel left wrist and small finger and thumb. On right hand a thumb rebuild and carpal tunnel and mid finger carpal tunnel. I won't be able to do much for a while it seems. Maybe when it is over I will be able to have some good nights sleep for a change.
So sorry to hear of Roys passing. No hint of problems in his last posting. Just going off to work. So sad.
I have been spending time watching you tube lately. Too hot to go out during the day and now we have Starlink it makes for pleasant viewing.
Hump day for you guys so have a good one.