Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #158,921  
David the best thing you could bring to that party is your gopro. The video of that haul out would surely get some views. Good Luck

Chris

Unfortunately, my videographer got too involved watching.

/ Good morning!!!! #158,922  
Good choice on not trying to pull that out David. Maybe with 2 tractors.... maybe.....

Took way too long, but success.
Removed both the mower and his bucket. Tried to pull out from rear, but with my tractor in middle and 4x4 trucks along each side just couldn’t get enough traction with all 3 vehicles spinning.

Excavated couple of feet on front end. Using my FEL and straps able to lift front end enough for rear to slide down. I was concerned it would be too mucky and bog down. It didn’t. Took a series of lifts and re rigging as I’d reach upper limit of my FEL reach, but finally got front high enough that with the 3500 4x4 pulling my tractor as I lifted and pulled it came out. Did manage to pop the bead on front tire on a rock, but no apparent damage.

The hole
IMG_0588.JPG

You can see the liner.
And out
IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

Took a few hours, mostly prelim stuff. My preference is slow, smart, and SAFE.

Sophie’s BX had a role in the prep. Owner whispered to me after, “your wife told me If you make a suggestion, I should listen” apparently she told him about my last tractor retrieval as well. Guess that’s why he suddenly stopped trying to be in charge and listened.

Still hadn’t got tractor started when I left, battery run down and he suspected a solenoid issue. Says he’ll fill 2 of my diesel cans tomorrow.

Maybe, he’ll take my mowing advice to heart and not drive into unknown overgrown areas.

/ Good morning!!!! #158,923  
A bit of an overkill. Just get me a come-a-long and a stout tree.

Unfortunately, no stout tree in reasonable distance, just some scrubby guava. Noone had a block and tackle, my winch is only a 1 ton.

/ Good morning!!!! #158,924  
Or a rotator tow truck.

He talked about a tow truck being available as a last resort. I suspect the quote was interesting as I think closest would have been 50 miles round trip.

/ Good morning!!!! #158,926  
Good morning
32° now, today sunny, with a high near 43. NW wind 10-15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Managed to squeeze another 3/4” of rain Saturday night through most of Sunday.

Crossed a few things off the “honey do” list this weekend, new lock-sets on bedroom/bath doors, wipers on her car and a couple of other menial tasks lol. When I hear “are you ever going to fix __“ it’s time to stop procrastinating!

I have no idea what’s on the agenda for today, to early to tell.

Enjoy your day everyone

/ Good morning!!!! #158,927  
Morning all!
33 here going to a sunny 41 or so. Need to make a last walk about looking for anything that can freeze up as we are looking at lows of 17 to 19 by the end of the week.
Sister visit went great. We haven't all been together in a few years. To bad we couldn't get my 3 brothers there also! Another part of the family is talking about having a family reunion of sorts for all the cousins and children next month. Looking forward to that.
Need to do some sanding and drywall work today and then run to the store if time allows. Will give the pellet stove a quick ash dump and clean to make sure it is ready for the week before I start the other stuff.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #158,928  
NWS shows our temperature to be 44° at 3:30 a.m. AND shows they expect that to be the high for today. Just a steady temperature and a 100% chance of rain. That would be just fine with me . . . except . . . today is the day to put out the garbage and the recycling bin and I need to go to the store for a couple of grocery items and to pick up a prescription. I have some hopes of getting everything done BEFORE the rain arrives,

/ Good morning!!!! #158,929  
Coffee is brewing. 29° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 39° with clearing in the afternoon. Got last of yard ornaments picked up yesterday. Dinner with friend was good. Saturday I bought a 3.6 CU FT upright freezer. Ran it for 2 days. Today I will got to Sam's Club and Meijer's and start filling it with meat and vegetables. Need to make a list of lost food in freezer and turn it into insurance company.
qCDOor2.jpg

David, good you got neighbors tractor out of the pond. I wonder why front tire went flat.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #158,930  
It has been many mornings since I last posted. Since my last post the weather here in east coast Canada has incredible with the exception of a hurricane Fiona. Many days are spent putting in roads, trying to be a farmer, but it all doesn't always work out like I planned but for the most part I have been enjoying my now rural life in East Coast Canada. With the oil prices I have been busy harvesting firewood because I can't afford $6000 a year to heat my house; that's if even I can get oil. Crazy times. So I have been working trying to become more self reliant.