GC2410 backhoe hydraulic

/ GC2410 backhoe hydraulic #1  

JPMF

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2410
Hi guys,

I bought a 2009 GC2410. The previous owner added a second hydraulic pump with its own oil tank on the mid-pto to operate the backhoe. I'm trying to put the tractor back to original as this setup is not working well. Can anyone tell me where are the 2 hydraulics from the backhoe connected originally as I don't see anywhere to connect on the tractor?

thank you very much!

JP

/ GC2410 backhoe hydraulic #2  
They have to be added to the tractor if it didn't originally have the BH from the dealer. Contact a MF dealer, they can tell you what you would need.

If the BH is a 3 point mount (it sounds like it is), I would NOT use it without having a subframe mount, otherwise you may break the tractor in half !

/ GC2410 backhoe hydraulic #3  
They have to be added to the tractor if it didn't originally have the BH from the dealer. Contact a MF dealer, they can tell you what you would need.

If the BH is a 3 point mount (it sounds like it is), I would NOT use it without having a subframe mount, otherwise you may break the tractor in half !
don't ALL GCxx10 (iirc that changed starting with 1723 series) have backhoe hydraulics and frames?
eg 2400 (mine), 1700 no backhoe while 2410,1710 (used hundred+ hours) had frame/hydraulics.

/ GC2410 backhoe hydraulic #4  
don't ALL GCxx10 (iirc that changed starting with 1723 series) have backhoe hydraulics and frames?
eg 2400 (mine), 1700 no backhoe while 2410,1710 (used hundred+ hours) had frame/hydraulics.
No, they come with or without a backhoe and that includes the added sub frame and hydraulic hooks up. If you don't have one without a backhoe you really can't add one, at least not easily. It would be more cost effective to sell the one you have buy one with a backhoe.

As others have said, if it's a 3PH backhoe you really shouldn't run it. These things were not designed to handle them and you'll eventually break your tractor.

/ GC2410 backhoe hydraulic #5  
A GC2400 should be a tractor without backhoe, and a GC2410 should be a loader backhoe.

What you have there is confusing, if it is indeed a 2410.

/ GC2410 backhoe hydraulic #6  
take a pic of every hyd hose going into transaxle/ pump. if you got a line looped to itself as well as 1 capped outlets then hyd may very well be setup for it.
what is make/model number of the actual backhoe?

edit: corrected the 2 capped to 1 as the loopback takes care of one.

Last edited:
   / GC2410 backhoe hydraulic #7  
I'm with the other owners here: the 2410 denotes a TLB and should be equipped with the rear subframe. As for the hydraulics, my BH takes 3 lines connected via hanging lines at the back of the tractor. When the BH is not in use, one line is capped and the other two are looped into each other. I have the same year, same model.

/ GC2410 backhoe hydraulic #8  
iirc only exceptions to this was the GC1705 and GC1715 (rare up here) could have backhoe.