Flightradar24 Interesting Finds

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds
This answers a lot of questions about flightradar24, and why some aircraft do not show up. Most likely is they don't have their transponder turned on, or, they don't have the proper transponder at all.

It was May 31. First time I saw them so I took a couple screen shots.

C73141CC-6469-473A-B859-4FFB8CCC774F.jpeg D32063AF-049F-4571-8E55-9BF67D14208A.jpeg

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #86  
It's one of the few apps I pay for - I pay so I can get alerts, which I set up for particular calfire planes & copters in this area.
I find that the first clue that I've got that there's a fire nearby is #A230 buzzing by, and then I can almost pinpoint it on the map by seeing where the plane is circling.

We get a U2 out of Beale fairly often - shakes the world - but it never shows up on the map. The T38 trainer flights out of there often do, though.

View attachment 728946
I'm really late to this thread. I live near the Nevada County Airport, used for the Grass Valley Air Attack Base. In fire season I often hear CalFire aircraft headed to somewhere, and I want to know where the fire is. FR24 lets me know the location by where they go in circles.
Around here it's usually T88, T89 and A230.
On a recent fire I didn't need to track them via FR24, nor did I have time to, as we were evacuating for the so-called Pleasant Fire less than half a mile away from us. Did get some real close-up glimpses of the tankers. Here's what started that one -
1664083514915.png

Another Antonov leaving Indianapolis for who knows where...

741EA74F-B47F-40CD-B125-A4D778B3803C.jpeg

Heard and odd sounding craft above the clouds the other day.

5D38F7C0-AC36-4B1A-B455-D41FA86E35CD.jpeg

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #89  
Heard and odd sounding craft above the clouds the other day.

View attachment 766192
We get all kinds of interesting aircraft with odd names, as well as no name, in the greater Sacramento, Ca region.

A lot of fighters/trainers fly out of Fallon USN and come across the Sierras to the old Mather AFB; there's still military activity there.
To the north is Beale AFB; Fighter/trainers as well as U2's and other surveillance planes fly out of there.
Travis AFB is just to the west; lots of activity there. A lot of Heavies like C5, C17 fly out of there.

Would have been interesting to have FlightRadar back when Mather and McClellan AFB were still military... Mather was a B52 SAC base.

Last edited:
   / Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #90  
The President is in Portland this weekend. Tanker flying circles, and F15's patrolling, but with transponders off.

tanker-circles.jpg

Bruce