FIREARM WEB SITE

/ FIREARM WEB SITE #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
can any one put me onto some sites that i might be able to get an idea of the value of a few shotguns and a few pistols. dateing from mid sixties. i will be gone for 2 days , so just keep them coming. leaving tues and be home late wed. night.any help greatly appreciated.

/ FIREARM WEB SITE #2  
There's so many things to look for it isn't funny. To make a long story very short get a book called the Blue Book Of Gun Values.

/ FIREARM WEB SITE #5  
What do you have that you are wanting to know about?

/ FIREARM WEB SITE #6  
My firearms company specializes in collection and estate liquidations. In the past 4 years I have liquidated over 125 firearms of various vintages from the Civil War era to present day.

Your best bet on finding approximate firearm values is to get one of the many reference books available as was mentioned in a previous post. Then scan the auctionarms and gunbroker web sites to see what others are asking.

Remember, firearms law will vary from state to state. When in doubt do all your selling and transferring thru a licensed dealer.

MadReferee
owner
Perham Corner Competition Services
Personalized firearms services since 1984
Specializing in collection and estate liquidations

/ FIREARM WEB SITE #7  
http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeromain?id=5

Hit the general shooting link. It would be best if you had some pics. There is no for sale section so you can only get an opinion there. There are some guys who like older guns and gunsmiths there. If they were old military, I could probably help, but shotguns were never my thing.

Shooters bible and the other listings are ok, however from what I have seen are out of line when their prices are compared to actual $ that you can get. For ID, they are great.

Gunbroker is good for finding approx value, however condition is in the eye of the holder /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif What I would call "NRA good" might be up as 98%. Still it is about the only place you can go to get a current retail value.

/ FIREARM WEB SITE #8  
You can ask around on Accuratereloading.com

/ FIREARM WEB SITE #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Shooters bible and the other listings are ok, however from what I have seen are out of line when their prices are compared to actual $ that you can get. For ID, they are great.)</font>

Exactly. Their listed price ranges are usually higher than what you can expect to get on the open market. That is because they have a higher standard for the condition of the firearm. Your typical non-collector grade firearm is worth 10%-20% less than the low value stated in those publications assuming equal condition. Even the slightest blemish will devalue the firearm, sometimes a lot.

The auction sites can be misleading with regard to prices. Most sellers ask top dollar but take a careful look at what sells. The top dollar firearms (based on condition) keep getting relisted (ie. they do not sell) while the reasonably priced (according to condition) firearms always sell. There are very few, if any, bargins on the auction sites.

MadReferee
owner
Perham Corner Competition Services
Personalized firearms services since 1984
Specializing in collection and estate liquidations

/ FIREARM WEB SITE #10  
Your typical non-collector grade firearm is worth 10%-20% less than the low value stated in those publications assuming equal condition. Even the slightest blemish will devalue the firearm, sometimes a lot.

Uhh huh, Explain that to the guy that thinks his 20 year old beat model 70 is A. old, B. rare /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or the "bolt action Garand" (Enfield) It was a 125 dollar gun sold for 450 and the buyer was just a happy guy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or the 1903 WW2 rebuild with mismatched wood for 1k.