FEL QUESTION

/ FEL QUESTION #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
been meaning to ask, but keep forgetting, noticed the other day that if i curl my bucket down, and lower it , it will lift the front of the tractor , but if i have the bucket level, and lower it, it will not lift the tractor. is this normal? and is it because it is in float position? it is a b2400, with 351 loader.

/ FEL QUESTION #2  
Cannot speak for the b2400, but no problems lifting the front of my L3710 no matter what position the bucket is in. Flat I get about 6" of lift, curled I get 18+" of lift.

/ FEL QUESTION #3  
It's because the loader only lowers so far. When the bucket is level or curled up, the downward reach of the loader isn't enough to lift the front end of the tractor. When the bucket is curled forward it reaches down farther and subsequently can lift the tractor front end.

/ FEL QUESTION #4  
Frank -

The LB400 FEL on my L2500DT works the same way John describes. I can lay the bucket flat on the ground and then proceed to push down, lifting the front wheels right off the ground.

If you're sure you're not accidentally floating the loader, I have no idea what's going on. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ FEL QUESTION #5  
frank,
Look at the spec's for your loader travel and I bet you find Hayden is correct.
Al

/ FEL QUESTION #6  
<font color=blue>When the bucket is level or curled up, the downward reach of the loader isn't enough to lift the front end of the tractor</font color=blue>

It may vary from model to model, Paul. My loader is spec'd to "dig" (not "scratch") at 8 inches below grade. Seemed like more than that to me when I was digging some drainage ditches and back-dragging to compress some road topping. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ FEL QUESTION #7  
Even with my bucket perfectly flat it will pick the front end of my tractor off the ground. I'm sure there is a big difference between my L3710 and the smaller B's.

/ FEL QUESTION #8  
Frank,

I'll double-check on my B2410 tomorrow, but I'm certain that I get at least a little bit of down-pressure (and front end lift) even with the bucket level.

Rob

/ FEL QUESTION #9  
Frank,

I have noticed the same thing (L3410 HST), but only when it is in gear. If I ease the tractor forward while pushing down with the FEL, it will easily raise the from wheels up 6-8 inches. Also, with the clutch in it will raise it up the same amount. At a guess, the tractor is providing too much resistance to roll forward as the front raises due to the HST. Could that be the explaination for you too?

John Bud

35-43507-little_tractor.gif

/ FEL QUESTION #10  
Frank, Harv has an L series tractor (says digging depth is spec'd at 8") while I have a B2710 with the LA401 loader (spec'd at 7.3") and my manual says your LA351 is spec'd at 3.7". So . . ., with the bucket flat, it should raise the front of the tractor 3.7".

BirdSig.jpg