Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone

/ Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone #11  
I think 10/100 Ethernet is only rated at a max of 350 ft. The RJ45 need to be a flawless crimp to get those speeds.

Go old school!
Search 撤ringle can WiFi extender?
You can also extend WiFi with old satellite dishes (Dish network or DirecTV). Your remote device needs power too... so think about solar & a battery bank. Both Pringle cans and sat dishes are widely available.

There are a lot of DIY resources on the 創et. At one point some guys were selling the kits but I doubt there are many still out there doing this.

The above wireless solutions are point to point and no obstructions. A tree in the winter is fine but when it leaves out in spring or a rain storm soaked tree, the WiFi reduces throughout (density of water?) (refraction of signals?).

YMMV

/ Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone #12  
Ethernet is rated for 300 meters not feet - So up to 1000 fr more or less

/ Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone #13  
Unless something has changed since I was certified twisted pair ethernet (Cat 5, 5e or 6) max length is 326 feet then you need a repeater.

/ Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone #15  
Does the unit next to the internet in house have to be connected with a cable to box to send signal thru the electrical lines?

/ Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone #16  
You only need to turn it on about 30 minutes before starting the tractor. Otherwise, you're just wasting electrical energy to the radiator. Did this even at -22 F one morning in Vermont on our 220D Benz. Started instantly.

/ Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone #17  
   / Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone #18  
You only need to turn it on about 30 minutes before starting the tractor. Otherwise, you're just wasting electrical energy to the radiator. Did this even at -22 F one morning in Vermont on our 220D Benz. Started instantly.
That depends a whole lot on what you have for a preheater.

/ Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone #19  
You only need to start the engine heater about 20 or 30 minutes ahead of startup. Otherwise, you're just throwing $ out the radiator.

/ Extended WIFI from House to Barn to control Tractor Block Heater from Phone #20  
This thread came to mind when driving this morning...

My Uncle had one of the those X19 control modules to remotely turn on lights and appliances... all that was necessary was to plug in.

When neighbors went away... 4 doors down the street they gave me their module so I could look out the window and turn on their interior and yard light...

Really worked well and a big thing back in the 80's... have not heard much anymore.