Dk5310se ballast question

/ Dk5310se ballast question #1  

Jturning

Tractor
KiOTI DK5310SE cab hst
I have a DK5310 on the way, I am building a ballast box and wonder how much weight I should have? I read the manual and it states to just have ballast, with no mention of how much. I am having the rear tires loaded with rimguard about 900lbs but wonder how much I should have out the back? Thanks

/ Dk5310se ballast question #2  
It really depends on how much weight you're going to be working with up front, I see most guys just hook up to a piece of equipment such as scraper blade etc. and use it for ballast. I think if I were going to build a ballast box, I would probably shoot for something no less then 500 lbs.

/ Dk5310se ballast question
I have a grapple on order, but it will not show up until spring. I have a sawmill and plan on using the full capacity of the loader.

Last edited:
   / Dk5310se ballast question #4  
I ordered a 4 in 1 bucket and it's 10 - 12 weeks out also.

/ Dk5310se ballast question
Thanks, I was thinking 1000 pounds would be a good target.

/ Dk5310se ballast question #7  
I saw/heard a suggestion recently on I think the "Good Works Tractor" channel (YouTube) where he suggested looking at the manual for a comparable Deere or Kubota model to get an idea of ballast.
I just wish I could get a good quality non freezing liquid ballast down here in southern California.

Dave

/ Dk5310se ballast question #8  
I have the DK5810 with water in the rear tyres, ballast box about 600kg, often picking up 1000kg bulker food bags...... very carefully.

/ Dk5310se ballast question #10  
I use 1100 lbs plus have filled rears.