CX2510 add ons?

/ CX2510 add ons? #1  

macnitti

Tractor
Ford 8N
Spoke to my dealer today and our new tractor should be arriving there this week. I just want to make sure I get any add ons that are worth it done now so I have no regrets. So far I'm adding the following:

-rear remotes
-cutting edge on loader
-block heater
-loaded tires
-rear work light
-possible sun canopy (waiting on price)

Anything I'm missing I should have them do or suggest I add that's worth it?

/ CX2510 add ons? #2  
3rd function for the loader if you ever think you would want a grapple. Congratulations.

/ CX2510 add ons? #4  
Get a 3rd function even if you're not planning for a grapple; plan to expand, plan to find more than you ever imagined for that tractor to do. It'll never be less of a headache to add these items than now. What about telescoping link ends? I don't think telescopic stabilizers are an option for the 3 point, but it may be worth asking about.

Now, there is also an insane aftermarket too, full of the things you'd think the manufacturers would offer but don't.

A proper grille guard to set in the brush guard. These are worth their weight in gold; they pay for themselves the first time you avoid a radiator puncture lol.

5Eleven Designs
Broken Anvil Metalworks

I, personally, also would recommend a guard for the turn signals/hazard lights. However, I'm also a bit gun-shy about breaking them off; they're not terribly expensive, as they're parts bin signals, but still- why pay to replace them? Preventative measures and whatnot.

I found a company that makes aftermarket parts for Kubota, and they worked with me to figure out what could work with my Kioti, and at the end of the day I can't say enough about Specialty Repairs Custom Mods; they were great to work with, and produce a quality product. I also picked up their Differential Lock pedal, and with my big feet it makes using my heel a lot easier.

Also, since you're going with a rear-remote, consider a hydraulic top link; particularly if you're going to be doing any rear blade work.

I'm sure I forgot something, and don't feel pressured to buy all this crap; you may never need it, I just plan for my own foolishness.

/ CX2510 add ons? #5  
Linked pedal

Oh ****! Yes, you may very well want this!

It links the throttle response to the drive pedals, and allows you to operate at a lower general RPM, the machine increasing it according to pedal response.

/ CX2510 add ons? #6  
Linked pedal
I have never understood the like of a linked pedal. Heck hadn't even heard of them till a few years ago. I've always used a hand throttle and if the tractor had it occasionally the foot feed to over ride when desired.
When pulling hard and needing full throttle at a mid or lower speed set that makes it impossible till disengaged while working. My little Kioti has it and I almost never use it.

/ CX2510 add ons? #7  
I have never understood the like of a linked pedal. Heck hadn't even heard of them till a few years ago. I've always used a hand throttle and if the tractor had it occasionally the foot feed to over ride when desired.
When pulling hard and needing full throttle at a mid or lower speed set that makes it impossible till disengaged while working. My little Kioti has it and I almost never use it.

It depends on your uses but I just installed one on my CX and im already a huge fan of it. For loader work its not the best but for mots other stuff I love it, especially the on and off the tractor type work. Its been a fuel saver for me.

/ CX2510 add ons? #8  
Nice add ons are the telescopic 3 PT arms, linked pedal, block heater. Ultra nice add on is the cab. If you have any thoughts of needing a grapple or power angle snow blade in the future then also 3rd function. Love the R14 tires over the R4 tires

/ CX2510 add ons? #9  
I love my linked pedal as well.
But I also think its one so those things that you don't miss if you never had it.

/ CX2510 add ons? #10  
Have them throw in the floor mat and the toolbox for free if they haven't already.

I waited over a year for the damn armrests for the seat on my CK2610 too. lol