Cowboy Action Shooting

/ Cowboy Action Shooting #1  

CVHoss

Gold Member
Tractor
J.D. 4400
I've had a couple of folks here who have contacted me off-line about Cowboy Action Shooting after seeing it listed in my profile. I just got back from a 4 day match and have posted some pictures of the festivities on my web site. If you've ever wondered what CAS was like, have a look-see at my <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kansascas.com/landrun.htm>Land Run 2002</A> photos.

Hoss

/ Cowboy Action Shooting #2  
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Cowboy Action Shooting after seeing it listed in my profile.

<hr></blockquote>

So what's your shootin' iron?

I'm more into semi-auto's myself...but anyone who enjoys and exercises their <font color=red>Second Amendment Rights</font color=red> is an outstanding American!!

/ Cowboy Action Shooting
Roy,
My revolvers are Single Action Army in 45 Colt caliber. The lever guns, a '73 Winchester and a '94 Winchester are also in 45 Colt. You can see pictures of most of my cowboy guns this video. That's one of my pards shootin' and he only finished 3rd in the Senior (60+) class. That's a single action revolver he's shooting. 5 rounds (we always leave an empty chamber under the hammer), very fast, and all ring steel. We had other shooters there that make him look real slow.

Hoss

/ Cowboy Action Shooting #4  
you might want to take a look at this video.

Very inpressive!!!

I've a couple revolvers. Two Taurus (.38 Spl. Model 85 Ultralite (primary carry pistol), .357 Tracker (real nice DA 7 shooter in stainless) and an old S&W Model 17 .22). Always fun to shoot...
Never tried Cowboy Action Shooting..tell the truth, I'm not a real competitive person.

But I've seen some Cowboy Shooting...always really fun!