Common sayings that are wrong or butchered

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #112  
it doesn't matter what the comment was, or the context is, I often use the meaningless response ... That Explains A Lot - people have no idea what to think, they get confused, and I walk away and chuckle

I make random comments like Never Doubt Me, or That's Part Of Your Charm

People ask How are you doing ? I say I'm Being Good (not even an answer)

I often ask people Are You Behaving ? ... especially good for when I was doing Community Corrections supervision

I used to start supervision conversations with criminals, by simply stating What is all this stuff that I've heard about you? (this, when I actually know nothing) ... they generally opened up and told me about a recent arrest, fight, party etc

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #115  
Has Sawzall vs reciprocating saw been mentioned? Sawzall is a Milwaukee tool, DeWalt , Ryobi and all the rest make reciprocating saws.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #116  
Cartridge vs caliber. See this all the time on gun and reloading forums. For instance, people say 44-Magnum caliber. That's the cartridge. It is 0.429", not even 44 caliber.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #117  
And calling the whole cartridge a bullet.

Bruce

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #118  
Or calling a magazine a clip?
I'll always call it a magazine.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #119  
Or calling a magazine a clip?
I'll always call it a magazine.
And so many ignorant companies, too.

:D

winchester-clip-magazine.jpgmarlin-clip-magazine.jpg

Bruce

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #120  
Has Sawzall vs reciprocating saw been mentioned? Sawzall is a Milwaukee tool, DeWalt , Ryobi and all the rest make reciprocating saws.
Imo I think it's kind of a regional name, always heard any reciprocating saw called a sawzall a few times a demo saw, out west they relate all skill saws, ie a circular saw to a worm drive circular saw, any brand circular saw to me is a skill saw, any brand reciprocating saw to me is a sawzall. Depending on region telehandlers are known as skytraks, lulls, Pettibones, even heard them being called zoom booms. Doesn't matter who made it. Funny 😂 story first time I heard "zoom boom" I thought they said zoom broom and went looking for a leaf blower lol.
And so many ignorant companies, too.

:D

View attachment 770840View attachment 770841

Bruce
Interesting, what's the correct name or close to it then? since we're kind of on the subject what's the difference between a bullet and a round? are they interchangeable terms?