CK2610

/ CK2610 #1  

ODZD

Tractor
Ck2610
Hi, New guy here. Just looked at my first tractor from a private seller. It’s a CK2610 and has 99 hours on it so it’s due for its 100 hour service. Owner said he never changed the fluids and filters at 50 hours but everything looks dang near new. Would you be skeptical of purchasing a tractor like that? I checked the engine oil and it was good but wasn’t sure if it would be a gamble.

Edit: the first thing I’d probably do is take it to a local dealer for a check over and have the services done And then put it to use if I pull the trigger.

Also, thank you so much for already providing me with a ton of information during my research phase. Grew up in the burbs and me and the ol lady got us a bit of property we’d like to use a tractor for to maintain.

Last edited:
   / CK2610
While not ideal, skipping the 50hr oil change wouldn't bother me. I'm guilty of blowing past that myself and tractor is just fine.
Cheers! I didn’t think it was a huge deal. Now if it was at 300 hours, I’d be a little more skeptical.

/ CK2610 #4  
1. I would have him knock the price of the 50 & 100 hr service off the sales price
2. I would never take it to a dealer for routine service - you can buy Kioti filters from Kioti dealers on eBay or you can buy cross-referenced filters
3. Buy your fluids local - Kioti does not make fluids

/ CK2610 #5  
I'm at 120 hours on my CK2610 and I'm just now doing the oils and filters; shameful, yes, but it's being done. Ideally these things would be done right in time, but it's not going to hurt them being a little late. Unless of course the machine is being abused, in which case, there could be bigger problems. Has the machine been kept greased? I keep up on my grease points, that is easy and cheap insurance.

/ CK2610 #6  
If the price is right buy it and go over it yourself. Take the opportunity to learn a little bit about your tractor nothing more than a bunch of nuts and bolts. You'll probably be more conscientious than the dealer when it comes to servicing . Check for loose or hanging wires and hoses that could get damaged while your at it.

/ CK2610 #7  
Bill makes a great point, check the simple things; wires, hoses, these things are left to the dealer to route properly. Hop on TractorHouse and look at brand new CK's and you'll see a wide range of dealers. Some tractors will have everything hanging low and exposed; one that was assembled with love won't.

20220701_192319.jpg

/ CK2610 #8  
I'm at 50.9 hrs, and looking at doing my 50 hr service. Book calls for hydro filter but not fluid; and change engine oil and filter. I notice a lot of the 50 hr service kits include new air filter, but that seems over the top to replace.

My original plan was hydro filter and fluid, along with engine oil and filter. Now, I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna do hydro filter (both) as book calls for, and oil filter/oil. I've already done front axle at like 25 hrs.

/ CK2610 #9  
Ok....old farmer, retired mechanic.

You will never learn you machine having someone else do the work! You will never understand what will drip and what should not. What hangs down or pokes out and what should not.

Mechanically inclined or not...do it yourself.

As far as hours go...no big deal. The early services are to get the assembly gunk cleaned out and check for leaks. Air filter, get it, check the old one, keep the new one..you'll need it later.

Unless they are offering FREE pickup and delivery, save your dealer for big issues.

Do the work, know your equipment, avoids problems in the future.

/ CK2610 #10  
For our OP, just figure on approx $250 extra for all the fluids and filters, and doing ur yourself. Only thing I would point out, somethings like the front axle take way more gear oil than you would expect, and by the same token, there is more old fluid in it than you think. Your old 6 quart car drain pan isn't gonna cut it.