Chevy Suburban as rental?

/ Chevy Suburban as rental? #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
Looks like we are going to rent a house near Estes Park for a family vacation this year. There are four of us but we are going to pay the way for my son and daughter to bring along a friend each this year. That makes six of us.

We are going to take a train to Denver and then rent a vehicle. We are looking at renting a Chevy Suburban (or equivalent) so there is enough room for all of us and our luggage. My question is will that be big enough. We looked at minivans and while that might have enough seats I don't think there is enough room for luggage. We could rent two cars for less rental money but by the time we figure fuel in probably would be about the same.

/ Chevy Suburban as rental? #2  
Looks like we are going to rent a house near Estes Park for a family vacation this year. There are four of us but we are going to pay the way for my son and daughter to bring along a friend each this year. That makes six of us.

We are going to take a train to Denver and then rent a vehicle. We are looking at renting a Chevy Suburban (or equivalent) so there is enough room for all of us and our luggage. My question is will that be big enough. We looked at minivans and while that might have enough seats I don't think there is enough room for luggage. We could rent two cars for less rental money but by the time we figure fuel in probably would be about the same.

I think this will be fine. We did just this about 5 years ago on a trip out east. Ours was a rental Expedition EL I believe and there were 5 adults. Worked great.

Chris

/ Chevy Suburban as rental? #3  
i go hiking for a week every summer with my fiancee and her family: mom, mom's boyfriend, and brother. all of use are adults and we bring all our hiking gear. we always take a dodge caravan. it has worked for us very well. and returns decent fuel economy(during this week we drive at least 600 miles sometimes as much as 1000). grant 6 people plus stuff is more than 5 people plus stuff, but if you and your kids aren't big people a caravan might work. but a subruban is bigger.

/ Chevy Suburban as rental? #4  
My Suburban carries six comfortably and still has a lot of room for luggage.

/ Chevy Suburban as rental? #5  
If you are short of space for luggage, it might be worth renting a Uhaul trailer - providing the vehicle has a hitch fitted

/ Chevy Suburban as rental? #6  
For a single large vehicle you can't beat a Suburban....they just don't make them any bigger.

/ Chevy Suburban as rental? #7  
It all depends who is packing the suit cases .

/ Chevy Suburban as rental? #9  
About 12 years ago when I was dating my wife , we were going to the ocean for the weekend (2 and a half days). I had a 1974 corvette , I go out to the car and there are 3 suitcases behind the car and she says " Pop the trunk" . I walk her over to the passenger door and flip up the seat , and told her thats the trunk . ( about a 2ft x 2 ft area) . She asks where is my suitcase , I pointed to the paper bag behind my seat .

We drove her Toyota Corolla ............. And the "Necessities of life " barely fit in that trunk . Still had fun

/ Chevy Suburban as rental? #10  
I rented a suburban about 3 months ago. 3 adults
Pittsburgh to DC , plenty of room , in my opinion it lacked power, constantly
downshifting to keep up speed. I was not impressed