Check this connection on your tractors!

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #11  
Works good to keep rodents from chewing wires as well. I used that stuff on all wire not loomed in my Journey to keep the rodents off the wires and it worked pretty good. Too bad it took several harness changes to finally figure out what worked 🤦
Rats have chewed through one of the wiring harnesses on my 3616 three times. The last time they got into the main harness as well. I currently don’t have hazard or head lights because of it. I don’t enjoy wire work so I have been postponing it. I reckon I need to splice some wires and coat the bejeebers out them with this stuff. I thank you for the post.

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #12  
Rats have chewed through one of the wiring harnesses on my 3616 three times. The last time they got into the main harness as well. I currently don’t have hazard or head lights because of it. I don’t enjoy wire work so I have been postponing it. I reckon I need to splice some wires and coat the bejeebers out them with this stuff. I thank you for the post.
I've heard of 2 preventive ways to prevent rodents from camping out in your engine/dash bays.

1. Put a couple of Bounce dryer sheets under the hood & dash
2. Soak some cotton with "Peppermint" essential oil, and put in a perforated container and hang under your hood.

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #13  
Thanks. Behind the dash is where they like to chew and make nests. You can’t see them, don’t know they are there until it’s too late.
I’ve kept fresh moth balls all around the dash the last couple of years. You gotta keep them fresh, replace them monthly. It seems to be working.

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #14  
The main problem is that Dodge, and several others I hear, used soy based insulation on the wires. Trying to be 'green' I guess, but the rodents just see it as food. Maybe Mahindra did the same..?

I fixed it several times and had the harness replaced a couple more. That GB Liquid Electrical Tape seemed to finally work by sealing the wire in so they couldn't smell it. Either that or the silicon doesn't taste very good.. I only did one medium coat. Doesn't hurt and worth a try.

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #15  
I am having issues with Mahindra Max 26 XL Starting. Checked all common safety switches and not that. Based on every thing I have been reading I feel its likely wiring/moisture issues. When I turn key to turn on glow plugs I get a different sound and some times nothing and no dash lights or power at all. Battery is brand new and took out all fuses and all good. Tried to restart and made weird sounds again with dash lights flickering. The third try it fired right up like normal. Second time this has happened in the past month. Has to be bad/loss wiring. Does any one have some some pictures of the common wiring trouble spots to check first before I just start tearing in to all the wiring? I do need to check my glow plug connection which I will do tomorrow. Thanks for any insight. I have learned a lot from reading various post on the topic already.
I had a recent no start on my Max 24, during the morning when it was cold it would not start after glow plugs light went out. But would not start in cold weather at all.
Started after I ran the heat gun output to the intake of the engine.
Replacement of the connector at the glow plugs tooks care of it.

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #16  
The main problem is that Dodge, and several others I hear, used soy based insulation on the wires. Trying to be 'green' I guess, but the rodents just see it as food. Maybe Mahindra did the same..?
I don't have an opinion on soy based wiring, but...

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #17  
I don't have an opinion on soy based wiring, but...

I'm going by what the dealer told me and insurance adjuster, who paid for the new harnesses several times, also said. There is also rodent damage from them nesting, and specific damage to wiring only. And, this vehicle at the time was being used several times a day, every day so nesting wasn't the problem I would sit here and watch squirrels come from the trees, climb the vehicle and specifically search for and naw wiring. It was weird. They also haven't touched the F150 which sits for several days to even weeks, nor the Kioti, zero turn, etc.. Just the Dodge, and my kid's Honda when he was here.

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #18  
I had years of rodent wiring damage problems including a $1300 wire harness replacement in a Honda car. Mowers with rat nests. And dead mice in the car fresh air filters...etc. Finally had enough and got a few feral cats. Been 3 or 4 yrs now without incident. It's no coincidence. All I do is provide dry food and water. They live in the barn and hunt for fresh meat. Finally after trying all the dryer sheet, eucalyptus oil, etc tricks I got a real solution.

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #19  
We have had the washer fluid tubing chewed multiple times on the Outback. It is more about easy access.

Now that the cat has moved into the barn, we haven't had the problem. Just find a lot more dead critters.

/ Check this connection on your tractors! #20  
I had years of rodent wiring damage problems including a $1300 wire harness replacement in a Honda car. Mowers with rat nests. And dead mice in the car fresh air filters...etc. Finally had enough and got a few feral cats. Been 3 or 4 yrs now without incident. It's no coincidence. All I do is provide dry food and water. They live in the barn and hunt for fresh meat. Finally after trying all the dryer sheet, eucalyptus oil, etc tricks I got a real solution.
I had 2 indoor/outdoor cats at the time. Now I have 4. Oh, and I cut down the pines that the damn squirrels lived in :LOL: