Grading BX mid-mount Grader blade

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #11  
If anything is developed for the BX25 I would want to see it.

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #12  
Digging up an old thread again. I really wish I had one for my BX, the one on my old Wheel Horse worked so much better than anything mounted behind on the 3-point. I've been working on building one for a year now, but the BX is dang limited. I wanted a B-series, but was talked into the BX. One of the bigger mistakes of my life, and costly as well because of the limitations. My 40 year old Wheel Horse had many more attachments available, making it much more universally useful. But then, that can be said any 40 year old tractor, they were built to use, not to be fancy and purty.

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #13  
I welded a cantilevered trailer axel on the back of my blade and put on golf cart tires. Gives you the same grader blade effect. The negative with belly mounting is you can’t raise the blade high enough to clear obstacles like you can on the 3ph...unless you have tons of clearance under your tractor.

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #14  
That is an option, but is also limited. Big, cumbersome, no down force, less maneuverable. I have a 6 way back blade, which works well at what it does. I thought about adding gauge wheels, but decided the drawbacks warranted a true grader blade. A grader blade works best for finish grading so no huge obstacles to get over, but there are some tight spaces in the drive. Having a grader blade in the past spoiled me I guess. :laughing:

I've tried a few different mounting designs, but ran into obstacles in the tractor itself, but just last night came across another idea that is worthy of looking into. Sooner or later, I'll have what I want, it just won't be as easy as it used to be with tractors of yore.