Comparison Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #21  
its not that subcompacts are bad its that the price is so close to a compact that there is very little reason (at least when i was looking), the place where a subcompact shines is if you have some tight spaces to maneuver in, My 5145 is like a bull in the china shop in tight quarters.
They are good for somethings; mowing, landscaping, easy on grass, easy to transport, easy to get on/off. They also aren't bad at other things too; and they have their place, but they do have some hard limitations.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #22  
Perhaps you can find something here that you want??
they have discounts of up to $3,500 depending on
which tractor you want and a 10 year warranty

willy

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #23  
I bought a farm in Upstate NY, I have leased most of the acres to a nearby farmer, so I'm just looking to maintain the 5 acres around our house. The terrian is flat with some hills. I'm looking to use the tractor for mowing and plowing my driveway along with yardwork/ landscaping projects. The subcompact tractors I was considering were the LS MTl25, Kioti 2520, Mahindra 25L HST and the New Holland Workmaster 25s. I would have considered JD and kubota but there aren't dealers in my area and there also out of my budget. I'm also set on getting a new tractor for 0% financing. Does anyone have experience with these models and which do you think would be the best option. I do like the NH wm25s but I heard LS makes the same tractor.

How many acres are you leasing? What's the chance you will stop leasing these acres and need a larger tractor?
How long of driveway are you plowing? This might dictate whether you want a cabbed tractor.
When I bought my tractor I remember reading "buy a tractor one size bigger than you think you need". I didn't heed that advice and bought a 33 hp and two years later sold that and bought a 54 hp.

Buy once, cry once.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #24  
The acreage vs tractor size always gets brought up; but what matters a lot more is what your going to do with it. Plenty if people m
keep up with 40 acres with a atv and zero turn; while others need/use 60 hp on a 5 acre piece.

You want to define your uses, your impliments, and your future plans. I dont think a sub compact is the right tool, given the snow issue, and the potential to want/need more ability in the future; But if your plan is 90% yard mowing, moving wife's flower pots, scoop of mulch, ect.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #25  
IMHO you will be greatly disappointed with a
sub compact

willy