Comparison Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #1  

Ricanrider

Tractor
N/A
I bought a farm in Upstate NY, I have leased most of the acres to a nearby farmer, so I'm just looking to maintain the 5 acres around our house. The terrian is flat with some hills. I'm looking to use the tractor for mowing and plowing my driveway along with yardwork/ landscaping projects. The subcompact tractors I was considering were the LS MTl25, Kioti 2520, Mahindra 25L HST and the New Holland Workmaster 25s. I would have considered JD and kubota but there aren't dealers in my area and there also out of my budget. I'm also set on getting a new tractor for 0% financing. Does anyone have experience with these models and which do you think would be the best option. I do like the NH wm25s but I heard LS makes the same tractor.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #2  
Few here will recommend a subcompact category tractor for use on more than two (2) acres, three acres tops.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR​

VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=subcompact+vs+compact+tractor+

Last edited:
   / Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #3  
Welcome aboard. Evaluate your current and as best you can - future needs. Choose carefully and buy your fifth tractor first instead of incrementally finding your tractors growing smaller as you become familiar with them.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #4  
How much of this 5 acres are you planning to mow?

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #5  
If you want to do more than just mow, you should consider moving up to a compact with larger rear tires. The subcompacts small tires compromise the ground clearance and 3 point lift range. Also the tires will wear a lot faster. I don't think it costs much more to move up.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #6  
If you want to do more than just mow, you should consider moving up to a compact with larger rear tires. The subcompacts small tires compromise the ground clearance and 3 point lift range. Also the tires will wear a lot faster. I don't think it costs much more to move up.

Subcompact Ground Clearance:

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #7  
Jeff has given all the advice you need. Most brands are just fine for small areas but size really matters here.

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #8  
I have about 10 acres but only about 2 of the ten is cleared, the rest is woods. I have what I guess is considered a CUT, a Compact Utility Tractor, not a Sub Compact. The tractor is a 44 year old Yanmar and it has a front end loader (FEL). I would not consider anything less. My neighbor has a new Kioti tractor. It is very nice but has smaller wheels and despite it being 4 wheel drive he has had some trouble with ground clearance and getting stuck. My taller tractor is only 2 wheel drive but it doesn't get stuck because of ground clearance issues. You should for sure get a 4 wheel drive tractor but if I was you I would get a CUT. With a front end loader. The FEL makes a tractor way, way, way more useful.
Eric

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #9  
I looked at them long and hard and tested every one of them in my area which is basically the same as yours . I bought a Kioti 2520. I use it for grass cutting and snow blowing.

I did not like the LS or Mahindra they just were a lesser quality build fit and finish and would not buy them at any price.

JD and Kubota were about the same quality but cost 3k more.

I really liked Yanmar, but I didn't like the way the attachments mounted.

Look at the picture of the Kubota above with the steering ram exposed. It's just screaming come nick me so I can leak.

Go look at them and test ride them the differences become oblivious in person.🍻

/ Buying my first sub compact tractor need help deciding. #10  
Maybe this will help you to decide what you need:

willy