brand new Kioti tractor with issues

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #41  
I sold my little SCUT to a guy who lives down the street from my dad. I go by there to go to dads and he lets that tractor sit outside all the time. It isn't my tractor any longer but it bugs me, makes me want to buy it back from him. He also has a really large barn to store it in. Just a peeve.

Not a fan of a tractor sitting outside.

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #42  
Mine says 95% under a lean too attached to the shed, but I don't freak out it if spends a couple nights outside. Attachments, they stay where I can fit them but not under cover unless on the 3 point.

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #43  
The farming community in general all around here kept their equipment in machine sheds. Some of that may have been from back in the day when machines were made of wood leather and iron, and if left exposed would turn to useless rot. All valuable equipment was shedded. The apple doesn't fall far, so if I can't store inside, then I won't have it. And if it is outside, then I assume it has no value or is so impervious that it truly doesn't matter, ie scrap iron and pallets.

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #44  
Around here, it's not out of the norm for farm equipment to be left outside 100% of the time. Same with construction equipment, I can't think of anyone who stores construction equipment under a cover, except when it is actively being worked on. Sure, it's probably best practice to keep under a cover, but it's not the end of the world. Think about the $100k pick-ups; you wouldn't worry about storing that under a cover...

What I'm getting at, is, do what you want. It's not completely critical to have machinery stored in a barn, but if you can, obviously it's better.

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #45  
Around here, it's not out of the norm for farm equipment to be left outside 100% of the time. Same with construction equipment, I can't think of anyone who stores construction equipment under a cover, except when it is actively being worked on. Sure, it's probably best practice to keep under a cover, but it's not the end of the world. Think about the $100k pick-ups; you wouldn't worry about storing that under a cover...

What I'm getting at, is, do what you want. It's not completely critical to have machinery stored in a barn, but if you can, obviously it's better.
If I had the money to buy a 100k pickup you better believe it would be stored inside.

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #46  
When I was growing up, and to an extent still today, tractors and equipment often stayed outdoors. If you could fit an open station tractor in a structure built for another purpose- great, but everything was going to rust out anyhow. It's less common these days, but that all is the reason I hate the idea of leaving my tractor outside.

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #47  
Inside and tucked away. I have EVERTHING under a roof.
I have a large hay wagon. On it right this moment are 3 2 furrow 3pth plows, 2 6' cultivators, a subsoiler, and a box blade. On the trailer it's easy to move everything... under a roof. Fertilizer spreader and manure spreader are in the barn next to the airblast 300gal orchard sprayer. All 3 tractors are in a partially warmed garage.
I've missed something I'm sure, but you know what's outside... NOTHING.
When I have a trade in my dealer loves getting my stuff because he says, "except for some minor wear it looks like it just came off the line."
Have some respect for the tools you work with. Would you leave your wrenches outside covered in grease until the next time you need them?

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #48  
I grew up arround equipment, and it was always stored out of the weather. A buddy of mine grew up on a dairy farm and his dad never garaged equipment. They have 3 tractors, and none are working. Weather has destroyed them.

no thank you, not for me.

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #49  
If I had the money to buy a 100k pickup you better believe it would be stored inside.
My $75k($95 today) truck sits inside, under cover. The $18k tractor sits out. I hate it, but something had to give.

/ brand new Kioti tractor with issues #50  
My $75k($95 today) truck sits inside, under cover. The $18k tractor sits out. I hate it, but something had to give.
Unless its electric….i would not park an electric vehicle indoors…period.