Box Scraper Bought a box blade

/ Bought a box blade #1  

930ck

Silver Member
Tractor
allis d 17/ case 930, 1370/ kubota L5740
In a previous thread I asked about the difference between several Landpride series box blades. Talked to dealer and he told me he had gotten a fairly heavy box in on a trade.
The back is straight and clearance under the front seems less than other brands but it is made out of fairly thick metal and weights 850#. Hydraulic scarifers would be nice but I am not sure how much the box will be used.
The reason the box was

ForumRunner_20140624_205436.png

ForumRunner_20140624_205514.png

ForumRunner_20140624_205544.png

ForumRunner_20140624_205628.png

traded in was the previous owner had downsized.
Went ahead and brought it home. It is 84" wide going on a Kubota L 5740.

/ Bought a box blade #2  
That's a pretty hefty unit! Now, get us some pics of you dirtying it up. :thumbsup:

Joe

/ Bought a box blade #4  
Nice, looks rugged

/ Bought a box blade #5  
That should work fine on your L5740.

/ Bought a box blade
That's big, heavily built, and looks like an awesome brute.

Can one ask what $ range you stole it for?

Also, what holds the scarifiers in place?

I don't see any pins....

The pins for the scarifiers are located between the two 1/2" plates that the scarifers are mounted to, adjusting them won't be as handy as other brands and there are only two adjustment holes.
Paid $850 for it so I don't think it was a bad price. Didn't call a dealer for that brand of equipment to see what a new one would be but I at least saved the freight bill.

/ Bought a box blade #7  
The pins for the scarifiers are located between the two 1/2" plates that the scarifers are mounted to, adjusting them won't be as handy as other brands and there are only two adjustment holes.
Paid $850 for it so I don't think it was a bad price. Didn't call a dealer for that brand of equipment to see what a new one would be but I at least saved the freight bill.

930 CK,

Thanks for the reply and info.

I think you out right stole that enormous mass of stell, that would be a good price for a 48" -er!

Seriously!,

Great going,
Thomas

PS: I know what you mean about freight, I paid about 50% of my purchase price for shipping, and mine tops out at about half what yours weighs (it is a 48" RO-BB).

/ Bought a box blade
930 CK,

Thanks for the reply and info.

I think you out right stole that enormous mass of stell, that would be a good price for a 48" -er!

Seriously!,

Great going,
Thomas

PS: I know what you mean about freight, I paid about 50% of my purchase price for shipping, and mine tops out at about half what yours weighs (it is a 48" RO-BB).

Being outside the "free shipping" zone eliminated buying some brands, this one is a little on the crude side and the paint isn't the best, but for a box that is just going to be drug through the dirt, don't know if a guy could build one for a dollar a pound.
Hope it is dry enough to try it tomorrow.

/ Bought a box blade #9  
Being outside the "free shipping" zone eliminated buying some brands, this one is a little on the crude side and the paint isn't the best, but for a box that is just going to be drug through the dirt, don't know if a guy could build one for a dollar a pound.
Hope it is dry enough to try it tomorrow.

Dig in good health!

/ Bought a box blade #10  
I think you did good for the money spent. Looking at the pictures you might consider adding some weld on reinforcement for the pin holes. I would want more bearing surface there to limit the pin wear and hole elongation and would do this while it is new. While it will work the way it is I suspect it won't take long to wear the pins or holes making them difficult to remove when hooking up.